Any links to websites for Network programming ?

Thread: Any links to websites for Network programming ?

Question Any links to websites for Network programming ?

I am very interested in doing Network programming using 'c' language. I tried to google for finding information about different websites that can provide me with some good information about how to do it but, was a futile effort. Can anyone on the forum provide me with the useful links to websites ?

Your help will appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

I've had luck with this page before:

Although it's using c++, the low level networking is done using c. Scroll down the page til you find the files socket.cpp & socket.h. Those will give you an ide about the c networking functions. And if you don't understand all of them right away, find a reference to the function you don't understand using

But if you read the tutorial it should really be straightforward! Good luck!

Beverwijk Netherlands
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

well i would recomend richerd stevens book on socket programming if u are doing in unix otherwise if u are willing to learn socket programming in vc++ MSDN is gonna be ur best friend ok otherwise try or

Just Another Geek
    Rotterdam, Netherlands
    Like ajit said, get your hands on TCP/IP Illustrated (all 3 volumes). They are expensive but are considered by many as the Bible (or the Koran) of TCP/IP.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.