Thread: Should our CIA use drugs to interrogate, Please write on this topic, thanks...

Should our CIA use drugs to interrogate, Please write on this topic, thanks...

During the past 8 years I have personally been studying a drug named oxcontin for personal consumption. The side effect of this for breaks in my spine are minimal for use and do not effect the liver. I did take it and as an agent for my work could not shut up! The though occured to me? Should we be giving this to Al Queda and any other captured prisoner or would we be violating the Geneva Convention. I have never posted before and have enjoyed learning from this site. However I know their are those of you out there that know how to contact the CIA and would be able to gather the CDC information about oxycontin. Only since I have seen the Iraqi soldiers kill our US Marines and special ops had the thought ever occur to me. Well they give you valium for pain magement while taking it or you are an annoying chatter box! Why not? We may need some sort of permission, but would not need to administer it like the medical experimental treatments that they use, like Hilter, I am a true American at heart and see the long run of such a decision. However it certainly would be better for them then tylenol 3 and we would gather chatter like you can not imagine. For some reason and the Mayo Clinic where I went in Scottsdale,AZ said, this is why it is not just given to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!! Doy you think we ought to or not? I am taking a personal poll and will be in touch with the manufacturer through my federal Dr. Until then any CIA or FBI please write for more information, and I am uncertain am I digging myself a grave even suggesting such a thing, I am friends of Mike and his wife and as the Shans will explain, interrogation is not worth death! I suppose now seeing Afganistan and Iraqi soldiers treating our prisoners of war like this makes me throw up! My natural instinct, right or wrong is to fight back, and that is wrong. However this may proove, Bin Ladens and others whereabouts, the Saddam Hussein and Sons mystery?? And even more. If powdered this drug can kill so it would have to be done in controlled envioronments. Better then hypnosis or sodium penetho results and makes the average person just feel as they are spinning upon the first dose, totally harmless. I do not suggest breaking milatary prisoner of war ethics for our nation however I know the CIA has there methods. Thank you to all of you that take interest in our shot prisoners of war in both arena's and I appreciate your time and interest in this subject. For any information please contact me. I am only ASKING FOR PROFESSIONAL OPINIONS AND EVERYONES FEELINGS. I PERSONALLY TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY SUGGESTION, BUT WILL AWNSER EACH AND EVERY EMAIL TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE.

GREAT ARTICLE I APPRECIATE EVERYONES BUMPS! IAELAN!
    no signature please you may contact me however whenever you like.

Come Again?
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

IAELAN,

I myself am British so I share some of your views but obviously with a slight lean towards the British troops. Erm Interesting one this......and seriously please dont take offence because this isnt intended to offend but were you on Oxcontin when you wrote this post?? I ask because the paragraphs and full stops the are missing are evident of a person who's mind is racing.

First thing I think we have to ask ourselves is this: Does using Oxcontin on Iraqi troops count as biological / chemical warfare? Fair enough it wouldnt be sprayed all over Baghdad from the sky
    . If powdered this drug can kill it would have to be done in controlled envioronments. Better then hypnosis or sodium penetho results
    But even if it was given to an enemy soldier under sterile laboratory conditions it’s still a chemical and its still under war conditions = Chemical / Bio Warfare.

To look at this from another stand point What are we actually going to gain from a room of smacked out chattering Iraqi’s?
    For a start we know that nearly all of the troops including their Elite forces know nothing, they aren’t told anything apart from “move to these co-ordinates” and “fire at will” and surely any useful confidential geographical information has already been procured by SR-71 Blackbird and the ordinance survey pods on the B52 and B2 bombers (perhaps even the Aurora or U2-S spyplanes have had outings over Iraq) so from this angle I would have to say “No Oxcontin wouldn’t be appropriate for use”. My understanding of the Geneva Convention is that you couldn’t use anything like Oxcontin without first putting a case forward to authority for clearance, and even then it’s not an ‘across the board’ decision and would be done on a case-by-case basis.

Hypnosis combined with Sodium Pentathol isn’t even a really stable way of getting the truth out of someone; the affects have ranged from Death and brain damage to just being lightly ‘stoned’ and able to fool the interrogator. I think your heart is in the right place and it’s most certainly a fair question but ultimately my own personal opinion is that Oxcontin would not be suitable for use in the Iraq War. Perhaps under different conditions like the Old Northern Ireland it may have a use for finding militia and smaller arms caches but not for Iraq.

If your interested check this discussion out, its about Truth Serums and there effectiveness:
    http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/othe...ol_info1.shtml

Hope my opinion is of use Iaelan, Good post! Got my mind working.

Cheers
    VicE$DoS$

Iaelan,

check this out:

http://www.hrw.org/press/2001/11/Tor...htm#prohibited

Truth Serums & interrogation = Torture under American and Geneva law.

I can just imagine some Iraqi frontliner suing the US Government for $5 Billion dollar$ after he was left all tripped out by the CIA!

http://www.hrw.org/press/2001/11/Tor...htm#prohibited

Truth Serums count as torture under us and international law.

=========
    NEWSFLASH
    =========

Iraqi front liners sue US Government for 5 Billion Dollar$ after CIA agents leave them 'well tripped out dude". !
    I remember when Nihil was ickle. Does that mean I'm old?

Personally, getting someone smacked up on whatever your talking about is on about the same level as torture in my eyes. Im an Australian, and i would be shocked if our government pumped drugs into someone to get out information.

Potentially it could come under some convention as torturing for information, and as much as we might want it to, the ends does not always justify the means

I hate to break this to you, but how do you think the US got all of those al queda guys they captured to spill the beans? I mean, this guy is like the Operations planner for the whole network and you think that because the great evil finally nabbed his ass he's gonna talk? Yeah, right.
    The prefered method is to wait until they come out of surgery or some other thing where they had to be sedated and hit them up when they are in the twilight. Besides, im pretty sure that drugging is not covered under the geneva convention ( like anyone listens to that besides us anyway)

10Ded
    [glowpurple]www.networksynapse.net[/glowpurple]

10dedfish,

Erm I dont really think you'd need to use a truth serum in that sort of situation.
    this guy is like the Operations planner for the whole network and you think that because the great evil finally nabbed his ass he's gonna talk? Yeah, right.
    For the sake of this scenario we'll call the Operation Planner 'Ranjit'.

"OK Ranjit we've captured you, you are now in America. If you tell us what we want to know we'll give you asylum, a house a car and health insurance. If you dont co-operate we'll shoot you in the head". Lets face it bullets are cheaper than Sodium Pentathol.

The prefered method is to wait until they come out of surgery or some other thing where they had to be sedated and hit them up when they are in the twilight. Besides, im pretty sure that drugging is not covered under the geneva convention ( like anyone listens to that besides us anyway)
    "Ranjit, you've just come out of surgery at the expense of the American government help us and your whole family can enjoy these benefits. Dont help us and the marines will laser designate your Mamma's house in tonights bomber fest".

Besides, im pretty sure that drugging is not covered under the geneva convention ( like anyone listens to that besides us anyway)
    The Geneva convention says that drugging is classed as torture therefore illegal under its terms.

Every civilised nation on the plant sticks to the rules of the Geneva convention, have you lost your mind. The implications for a nation deliberately going against the Geneva convention are great and extremely heavy. Hence this whole Iraq war thing.

Cheers
    VicE$DoS$
    I remember when Nihil was ickle. Does that mean I'm old?

There is no drug that will reliably induce a person to reveal information
    that he has determined to keep to himself. Torture sometimes works,
    but those who use it, IMO, should be paid back with the same.

Oxycontin is a strong narcotic similar to morphine and heroin, and is
    prescribed for severe pain. Some people may feel sociable and talkative
    when high, but others may be withdrawn and contemplative.
    It depends on the individual.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.