Thread: problem with accessing a site

problem with accessing a site

Dear anybody that can or might help.
    I am new to this site and am a new mac user. I came across an interesting website and cannot get into it. A message tells me that I am not authorised for access to the site and it carries a padlock icon. I have no knowledge of where this message comes from, it does not appear to come from the site although I am prepared to accept that the site might be suddenly out of bounds to everybody. It was mentioned on Richard and Judy ITV channel show this afternoon in connection with Ministry of Defence cold war bunkers coming up for sale. The url jumps to http://www.subbrit.org.uk:81/.cobalt...orbidden.html. There is probably some simple explanation but I am a bit paranoid as I was previously looking up maps of Iraq on a govt. Ministry of Defence website. Armed with this info can anyone help me out and let me know what they think happened? I would like to access Subterranea Britannica. Thanks.
    JenniferQ

Well when I clicked on your link it did what you said and then when I took out the
    81/.cobal...forbidden.html
    And just had http://www.subbrit.org.uk: it worked but the reason it said that when you click on it is because like it says when you click on my link it will tell you. But also i am running windows right now im have no experience in MAC so...

>Hope that helps.
    [glowpurple]NooNoo\'s [/glowpurple]

killerboots... it won't make any difference whether jenniferq is using a mac, windows or *nix she should be able to see the link you've given.

JenniferQ - no need to be paranoid... well not in this specific instance anyway... the Subterranea Britannica web site is just experiencing the joys of national exposure (radio4 also did a piece on the organisation) and hasn't currently got the bandwidth to support such exposure. Being unable to view the website has nothing to do with you previously looking at maps of Iraq on the MOD site. Just follow the link that Killerboots put up in a few days time and it should be fine.

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Smile

Why, thank you very much Killerboots and Zonewalker. I just erased the 81 bit of the url and got the message on the site that it is temporarily down. Sorry I took a bit of a while to respond as I couldn't find the reply button at first.
    JenniferQ

Further to the above ..very much liked your website Zonewalker.