Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cameras

cameras

Dear all,
    Whilst I was asking about help with not getting into a site , my partner said would I ask if anyone knows the best camera with a zoom lens to get that can be used with the e-mac? We were thinking of spending round £300. You can see from the attached why he wants a camera. The pic is the living room.

most cameras can be used with an emac, as long as you have a seperate card reader for the meda card. if you are planning on hooking the camera directly into the computer, then it does have to be mac-compliant, otherwise, you can use a card reader and some photoediting software of your own.

as far as selection, i think 300 pounds is roughly $500 US (if i'm wrong, i'm really sorry)

for that price you can get a good 3 or 4 megapixel camera. go to www.bestbuy.com or www.tigerdirect.com and they should have some cameras there. another good website to check out is http://www.epinions.com --they have reviews of different cams and stuff.

good luck!
    -security
    i\'m starting to think that i\'m bound to always be the first guy on the second page of the thread.

JenniferQ~

Apple has a website that lists all the compatible digital cameras (I assumed you meant digital) You can check out the specifications on the site to see what you like and/or need. However, as Apple tends to overcharge for their components, you might want to get the Name and Model * of the camera and make the purchase elsewhere. The URL is listed below:

http://www.apple.com/iphoto/compatibility/camera.html

I hope this helps a bit!
    \"TechWriter\"

\"All dogs don\'t go to Heaven\" (Even if they only have 2 legs)

Many thanks to both of you.Will check it out. If anybody wants help with books or bookwebsites I am a librarian not a tecky but can maybe help..also good at Internet searching. Trying to get a bit more IT media literate. Will post what happens about the camera.

If you want some kind of personal experience, I can tell you that when I got my digital camera I was amazed when I plugged the USB cable in and the camera mounted on my desktop like an external drive and the program Image Capture opened up and asked me if I wanted to download the picture on to my harddrive. That was the day that I got my camera, I hadn't installed any software. Now I have it set up so that iPhoto opens up and downloads my photos. iPhoto is a nice program for the image-editing-idiots like me.

The camera I have is a Minolta DiMage X, but there is a long list of cameras that work like this.

Dhej
    The owl of Minerva spreads its wings only with the falling of dusk. -Hegel

Thanks., Dhej.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Ok.. I have to ask. Is that the ceiling?? A dragon?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Yes. My partner painted the ceiling and then he was looking for something for his son's birthday and found the dragon kite which is stapled to the painting. Sorry the image is so tiny. I put it on the site by dragging and didn't know how to enlarge it.

Originally posted here by jenniferQ
    Many thanks to both of you.Will check it out. If anybody wants help with books or bookwebsites I am a librarian not a tecky but can maybe help..also good at Internet searching. Trying to get a bit more IT media literate. Will post what happens about the camera.
    cool a librarian...have you used titlewise?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Oh. Don't apologize. It looks cool, even in the small format. You can always browse (using the browse button on the post) and attach pictures rather than "Drag and Drop".
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage