View Poll Results: I was just wondering what ppl thought of spyware removal programs. What's the best?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spybot Search & Destroy (tm)

23 54.76%
  • Ad-aware 6.0 (tm)

19 45.24%
  • None of the above. Check out this....

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Company Sponsored Training?

We get one week of training of our choice. This usually works out to be around a 1,500$ value. If a new application is brought into my group, we usually get training from the vendor of the application. All testing is also payed for.

There is a bonus program based on the complexity of the certification program. For instance, getting an HP storageworks certification will get you like 1500. MCSE is 3k. CCNA is 3k, CCNE is like 10k. However, you can only get the bonus if you work in the field. For instance, our IT department is very segmented, if you work on NT servers, you do not manage any network equipment. So you can only get the 3k MCSE. But if you are working on NT servers, and you get a CCNE, you can get the bonus if you transfer into a job supporting network elements. I'm pretty sure these bonuses will go away in the immediate future as most managers in my company have very little faith in any certifications.

All college as long as it is job related, is also payed for. And you can take a sabatical to get a doctorate if approved.

I don't think that this level of perks is normal at most companies though. It is more common for management ranks in the fortune 50 though.

Originally posted here by mohaughn
    We get one week of training of our choice. This usually works out to be around a 1,500$ value. If a new application is brought into my group, we usually get training from the vendor of the application. All testing is also payed for.

There is a bonus program based on the complexity of the certification program. For instance, getting an HP storageworks certification will get you like 1500. MCSE is 3k. CCNA is 3k, CCNE is like 10k. However, you can only get the bonus if you work in the field. For instance, our IT department is very segmented, if you work on NT servers, you do not manage any network equipment. So you can only get the 3k MCSE. But if you are working on NT servers, and you get a CCNE, you can get the bonus if you transfer into a job supporting network elements. I'm pretty sure these bonuses will go away in the immediate future as most managers in my company have very little faith in any certifications.

All college as long as it is job related, is also payed for. And you can take a sabatical to get a doctorate if approved.

I don't think that this level of perks is normal at most companies though. It is more common for management ranks in the fortune 50 though.
    That is a nice program! I dont think that we will get anything like that, but we do get put higher up on the list for raises when we get certs...
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Training, what's that? I've been to one class in four years, and that was before we were bought out by another company. It's weird, we were bought by a company with more money and yet it's harder to even get a class approved, and if it is even approved that is no guarentee you'll get to go. My current manager is the worlds worst at approving training. He asks for you to pick a class and then forgets about it. He's in a different city, so it's not like I can go to his office and keep asking. Emails only carry so much weight, and voicemail tag is about the same as email.

It's funny they have "internal training" but it's basically taught by one of the best BS'ers ever. He has not cert to his name, and I think that all of his CBT's are hacked. I just study and get my certs myself, at least they pay for the test if you pass.

Ninja Code Monkey
    My current company has been paying for my MCSD, they paid for the training and certification for my GSEC, and are currently putting me through the first year of my aa transfer for comp. sci.

They also pay for books, isp service if I need it, cell phone if I need it, etc.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X