Thread: Guinea pig

Guinea pig

Did the thought ever enter your mind that we are all guinea pigs to some alien race? Maybe it was the hash that got me thinking this way. Maybe it was the "Matrix". But it could be true. Just something to think about. I am intrested in your thoughts.
    | @||/|7 |/|0 1337 @$$ |-|@><0|`

Nahh. I believe in God so aliens dont exist to me. I'm sure the hash has affected you slightly,lol,just kiddin.

I believe in God so aliens dont exist to me
    Several Christian's and other religious people, who believe in God, or some other form of a god or gods, also believe in aliens....

If you choose not to believe in aliens that's your choice but dont' say it' because you believe in God. It is prefectly acceptable for the two to co-exist.

Originally posted here by HTRegz

Several Christian's and other religious people, who believe in God, or some other form of a god or gods, also believe in aliens....

If you choose not to believe in aliens that's your choice but dont' say it' because you believe in God. It is prefectly acceptable for the two to co-exist.
    I would have to agree. I believe in God, but I'm of the mind that perhaps God created more than one species. Seems a little odd to me that humans would be the only sentient beings in the entire universe.
    http://members.cox.net/blankman71/BlankNUBanner.gif
    BlankCo INC., Supplying Nebraska With Office Linebackers Since January 2003
    \"That\'ll teach you to whistle on the Sabbath!\" - Homer Simpson

My feeling is this:

If we were in a matrix-type situation, then we could never know it. We could believe it, but that belief would have to be taken on faith as it is outside of our experiencable realm.

God falls into this category, but I do think that the belief in God is a special case. Whereas acting in a normal manner in the Matrix would have no real consequences, those who believe in God also have the belief that not acting in a manner God would accept might have negative consequences.

In the case of us being Alien guinea pigs, it really cannot affect our behavior as rebellion cannot be had against something that is faceless. Inaction would just prevent you from enjoying your life.

It is a fascinating question, and a difficult one to mull over.

I haven't been smoking hash, but then I am a Philosophy Major, so take my thoughts as they come... After all, I am not a member of any ruling alien race..., though you would never know that because I am sitting in front of a computer screen miles away.

Dhej

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    If God made us in his own image

He must have had a sense of humor
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Blankman, I agree, seems like an awful waste of space for just one little rock to have life, and as for fourdc....haa haa, my belief is maybe he created us in a form that would one day evolve to his image. . . I mean, if there is an all-knowing God, then he should know where we're going.
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce

One of my thoughts is that we are like ants. We live in our little colony, we get studied and we are too stupid to relize that we are being manipulated and messed with. I mean, we could just be like the animals we study. There could be this huge race of "aliens" out there trying to learn our language and study our life patterns. And maybe we are just animals and they are really the "humans". Just something to think about.
    | @||/|7 |/|0 1337 @$$ |-|@><0|`

locker

may be , we are all living in a locker ? (Men in Black 2).We'll never know.There is another world out there.

Dr_Evil

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    I'm too tired this morning (it's morning for me I work the graveyard shift), to get deep about how we started. I think however after that point we've been left on our own to sort things out on our own.

I used to believe in pre destination and a benevolent god running things but how do you explain kids getting killed by drunk drivers and how evil people stay alive.

I think when we pass on there will be some sort of reconciliation with a higher being, hopefully some sort of reward/punishment for your past life.

GOD IS TOO BIG TO FIT IN ONE RELIGION
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot