XP:Uninstall Prob.

Thread: XP:Uninstall Prob.

Question XP:Uninstall Prob.

I recently installed mIRC and Yahoo Messenger. I later went to Add or Remove programs to uninstall both. They of course seem to be completely gone. Well, there are still traces of both. When I right click the Taskbar and go to properties and then Customize, they are there! How do I remove those w/o going into the reg?

Thanks in advance for all and any help!
    [gloworange]DISLEX[/gloworange]
    Share on Google+

You might want to try a third party uninstall program like Easy Uninstall to get rid of those apps. Also, run a registry cleaner (Easy Uninstall has one, RegCleaner is also good)...

Hope this helps..
    - Maverick
    Share on Google+

I was thinking along those lines also, but I bet the prog/s I use will also be left behind in the same spot once it's gone. I am going to look around a bit more and see if I can find somewhere to delet those. Thanks.
    Share on Google+

Might just want to try to restore the computer back to the day before you installed them.

Start>Programs>Acessories>System Tools>System restore. Thats usually what i do. Some times you might have to go a couple days before if you did not make a restore point. It usually makes a ckeckpoint.

Hope that helps.
    [glowpurple]NooNoo\'s [/glowpurple]
    Share on Google+

Originally posted here by DISLEX
    I was thinking along those lines also, but I bet the prog/s I use will also be left behind in the same spot once it's gone. I am going to look around a bit more and see if I can find somewhere to delet those. Thanks.

Yea, but can I ask why you don't want anything to be left behind, including registry cleaners and uninstallers? Those programs come in handy more times than not, at least for me anyway. I use Easy Uninstall all the time - not only do they help to keep your registry clean, but they can improve the performance of your system.
    Share on Google+

Originally posted here by Maverick811

Yea, but can I ask why you don't want anything to be left behind, including registry cleaners and uninstallers? Those programs come in handy more times than not, at least for me anyway. I use Easy Uninstall all the time - not only do they help to keep your registry clean, but they can improve the performance of your system.
    I am asking because I am at work.
    Share on Google+

Why dont you go to registry start then run then type regedit and find the software that you want to uninstall that problem just like my norton system work ........
    Share on Google+

I had a similar problem...long story short, I was trying to uninstall kazaa lite to put a new one in, control panel listed it but when tried to remove said it wasn't there...but it was still in the list! (gotta love that)
    So I used norton system works to get rid of it, and it seems to have done the job, so I must echo Mavericks sentiments--use a third party uninstaller.
    btw, system restore didn't do the trick for me, but I'm just a newb, so who knows.
    Share on Google+

Originally posted here by KeyserSoze
    I had a similar problem...long story short, I was trying to uninstall kazaa lite to put a new one in, control panel listed it but when tried to remove said it wasn't there...but it was still in the list! (gotta love that)
    So I used norton system works to get rid of it, and it seems to have done the job, so I must echo Mavericks sentiments--use a third party uninstaller.
    btw, system restore didn't do the trick for me, but I'm just a newb, so who knows.

I have seen several times where this can happen - Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs lists it, but it's apparently not there. There are some tweaking utilities that actually enable you to go into the Add/Remove Programs list and remove entries that are present in this list but don't seem to want to leave the list. If you know for certain that you uninstalled some application but it still shows up, you can use one of these described utilites to remove it. If I can remember which one, I'll post it back here...

EDIT: TweakUI can remove applications from the list. TweakUI is available, although unsupported, from Microsoft..
    Share on Google+