Thread: Russian Military Preparing for War

Russian Military Preparing for War

Sometimes it's good to hear the news of the world from a point-of-view other than American, even if it's just to get away from the over-hyped, over-dramatic drivel aired on US television. An editorial was recently run in one of the most popular Russian newspapers, Pravda, about the aggressiveness of the American decision to invade Iraq. It seems that there are several who hold the view that America may not stop at Baghdad:

taken from here.
    It is obvious from the diplomatic point of view that no country in the whole world will wish to live and watch Americans using the military force whenever they want and like it to use. The world community will have to consolidate its military, political, economic, technical resources in order not to allow that to happen. The process is under way already. This is a unique moment, for it never happened before, not even during the USA-s bombing of Yugoslavia. The world will have to unite and find a format to restrain America, the country, which opposed itself to the whole world.
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

Sometimes it's good to hear the news of the world from a point-of-view other than American, even if it's just to get away from the over-hyped, over-dramatic drivel aired on US television. An editorial was recently run in one of the most popular Russian newspapers, Pravda, about the aggressiveness of the American decision to invade Iraq. It seems that there are several who hold the view that America may not stop at Baghdad:
    I agree, if you don't look at the other sides point of view how can anyone ever come to terms on something. I don't claim to be a righteous man, but I love listening to a fella named Jack Van Impe on tv I took these articles from his site, I think most would find them very interesting even if you are not religous. They take news and put it into a biblical perspective.

http://www.jvim.com/IntelligenceBrie...03/russia.html
    Van Impe Intelligence Briefing January, 2003 russia.html

http://www.jvim.com/IntelligenceBrie...02/russia.html
    Van Impe Intelligence Briefing February, 2002 russia.html

http://www.jvim.com/IntelligenceBrie...02/russia.html
    Van Impe Intelligence Briefing June, 2002 russia.html

I think russia needs to tend to their own problems at home concerning their nukes though, it seems they dont have the best hold on their nuclear weapons security. Not to mention Russia's arming up anyone with a buck.

The American administration suffered a diplomatic failure. Cheap and high-quality Iraqi oil is the prime goal of the game. Americans hope that the oil will allow them to settle their economic and financial issues. However, the price of that oil will be unacceptable for the USA. America-s image as a safe, stable and powerful country has been ruined. At present moment, the world perceives the USA as a country that is ready to disregard the opinion of the world for the sake of its own interests only. A large number of victims is not an issue at all.

I can't blame them for being prepared to protect their homeland though. I believe every nation should take measures to protect their people. However, i think they are way off on the whole oil issue. America doesnt need there oil, and would never invade a country for some oil. Russia's not the only one concerned with another's actions, many things they do should be examined much closer.

Them are big words coming from the Russian press. In Russia you get two channels, on channel one you get Russian propaganda, on channel two there's an information officer saying "Turn back to channel 1."

I love that joke....
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Them are big words coming from the Russian press. In Russia you get two channels, on channel one you get Russian propaganda, on channel two there's an information officer saying "Turn back to channel 1."
    lol. good one.

Just about all meida is propaganda if you think about it. A reporter is a go between, relaying to the public information that was relayed to him, and has probably went through many other hops. I would imagine that what happens and what is reported vary greatly if one were able to see the source info versus the reported. Just about the only thing anyone can trust is what they see or hear first-hand, and even then that is not always reliable.

roswell - thanks for the article. Even though what you may read next may be contrary to that, I still do appreciate other views. I have been keeping tabs on arabnews.com and China News Agency and others. I just have to make a few points.

I have to say I just 'love' the fact that Russia has the testicular fortitude to print something like that after their own incursions are facts for military history. Having studied the Russians many moons ago, believe me when I say that they should be the last country to dictate policy on how a country or even a military should be run. I have seen some of the classifed films of just how Russia (then the USSR) motivated troops and how it dealt with it's own people who even dared to breath differently than the Party thought the people should breathe. Next I suppose we will see China making statements about violations of human rights and the US.

No doubt power frightens people, and apparently, the US is an ultimate or lone world-super power, so I think it natural for people to be freaked out - hell I am just hearing that we are considered the lone world-super power; it goes right along with that corruption cliche. We as US citizens need to be mindful of these objections of the world and move to act come 2004 in elections to ensure that we can alleviate those concerns.

I would also love to see what happens when the time for the US is over, the next country or countries are the world-super power and how the world will react then. What happens when/if China is the next lone world-super power?

Frankly - I am tired of how the US is portrayed, maybe we should take our ball, go home and play on the PS2, XBox, watch some Southpark and take care of our own - would that work?

roswell - again, thanks much.
    \"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?\"
    -Juvenal

suits me just fine

Originally posted here by vescovono
    roswell - thanks for the article. Even though what you may read next may be contrary to that, I still do appreciate other views. I have been keeping tabs on arabnews.com and China News Agency and others. I just have to make a few points.

I have to say I just 'love' the fact that Russia has the testicular fortitude to print something like that after their own incursions are facts for military history. Having studied the Russians many moons ago, believe me when I say that they should be the last country to dictate policy on how a country or even a military should be run. I have seen some of the classifed films of just how Russia (then the USSR) motivated troops and how it dealt with it's own people who even dared to breath differently than the Party thought the people should breathe. Next I suppose we will see China making statements about violations of human rights and the US.

No doubt power frightens people, and apparently, the US is an ultimate or lone world-super power, so I think it natural for people to be freaked out - hell I am just hearing that we are considered the lone world-super power; it goes right along with that corruption cliche. We as US citizens need to be mindful of these objections of the world and move to act come 2004 in elections to ensure that we can alleviate those concerns.

I would also love to see what happens when the time for the US is over, the next country or countries are the world-super power and how the world will react then. What happens when/if China is the next lone world-super power?

Frankly - I am tired of how the US is portrayed, maybe we should take our ball, go home and play on the PS2, XBox, watch some Southpark and take care of our own - would that work?

roswell - again, thanks much.
    Suits me just fine. See how they like it when the world police go on strike.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Originally posted here by vescovono
    Next I suppose we will see China making statements about violations of human rights and the US.
    It already happens. In response to an annual paper from a US govt agency they publish a paper on US human rights abuses according to various international human rights conventions. Mostly they have dealt with capital punishment (the Chinese certainly shouldn't throw stones there) and abuses within the criminal system but the last one had a field day with camp X-ray in Cuba.