Bios Lock up Help!!!

Thread: Bios Lock up Help!!!

Bios Lock up Help!!!

Hi i have a friend that has a Hp Pavillion Lap Top and he set up a password in the bios that doesn't alow the computer to boot untill the put the password, he forgot the password and can not use the computer but since is almost brand new he doesn't whant to open the lap top to remove the bios battery. and we already tryed Cmos Killer that we downloaded from Anticode and several other passwords crackers but they seem to be infected with a virus.

I would really apreciate if some one could tell me of a program that can help us bypass or remove the password.

Thanks in advanced

Generally, there wil be a jumper on the motherboard that can be switched to allow unfettered access to the BIOS. Mind you, one has to open the case to get to said jumper line, so take heed of warranty info, since when you "crack the case", you void the warranty and claim responsibility for everything afterwards.

It seems to me that this is the only solution...do a little research, do a little hardware work, do a little screwing around with it.

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

thanks for your fast response, but the problem is that is a lap top and he doesn't even has 1 month with the computer, thats why he doesn't whant to open the computer

If it is a true BIOS password, and this person has forgotten it, there is no other option. BTW, what OS is being run on the system?
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

win xp home edition

all you have to do is remove the battery from the mobo for about a few good hours, put it back in, and it should be overriden. if it doesnt search google for the common bios passwords for hp or for bios crackers.

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    Well

As I read this I would follow the advice of the other posters here , GrApHiCTrOn.
    I even screwed open the laptop from work. Be carefull and don't force anything.
    Make sure you get a manual first at HP.

It's your friends only choice I think,

Greetz,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

strandedthinker: he could just remove the the jumper for just something like 30 secs read on though.

there is no way that you can overide this really.
    First try the most common default BIOS passwords. Some of them are.
    setup, cmos, BIOS, bios, AMI, j262, lkwpeter, Biostar, AWARD_SW, AWARD_PW, Award, hewittrand, password, AMI!SW1, AMI?SW1, thats some of them.

If that doesn't work then first you must open your computer and look for a round lithium battery, i am pretty sure it looks like a coin. Just remove the batter for 30 secs anytime around there and then put it back in there. Your computer may also need for you to reset the jumper, so look for a three-pin jumper and reset it. This is an examble i got most macheines you will find a three pin device with pics one and two jumpered. If you move the jumper to pins two and three and leave it there for over five seconds, it should reset.

You might get an error message saying something like your BIOS was messed with but thats not really a problem i dont think.

But be very very very careful with those they are very dangerious to mess with.

Also i found somewhere i forgot if you use keystrokes you can crash the passoword programs but it might not work. to do so when your typing you password hit ESC 50 to 100 times that might crash it.

Or i found one more solution theres a program called KillCmos which you can downlaod at www.koasp.com or search in your search engine.

>Hope that helped you.
    [glowpurple]NooNoo\'s [/glowpurple]

i have two methods, this is one of them http://www.pwcrack.com/bios.shtml

Seems like it contains a couple of pwd crackers and some of the default backdoor passwords.

If this doesnt work, I remember when I was working at a tech center before one of the guys had a parallel port connector that had certain places soildered together and it would reset the bios automatically. Unfortunately I am unable to find a document on how to recreate this device, perhaps I can jog someone elses memory or maybe someone else knows how to make this device.
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here