Thread: Zonealarm

Zonealarm

Hi. Im using Zonealarm but nearly every minute i get a message that looks like this: The firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer (NetBIOS Name) from 67.40.195.41. ??? Im behindd a proxy. What is it?

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    Most likely its Messenger Service pop-up spam.

You should be able to check the box on the ZoneAlarm alert that says "don't show this dialog box again" if you don't want to see it every time. Or, you can configure ZoneAlarm to suppress alerts if you want it to do its job without telling you every time.

From the ZoneAlarm window click on the Alerts button and then the Advanced button at the top. Select the Suppress Alerts tab and check the boxes for the types of alerts you don't want to see.

I am using ZoneAlarm Pro so I don't know for sure if it all works or looks the same in ZoneAlarm though.

Hope that helps-

I use Zone Alarm as well. The first day I installed it I received 129 'warnings' in an hour.
    After that I did as suggested above and just put it on silent.
    Doing on-line security scan at http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ showed that I was secure with Zone Alarm, so I'm confident that it is sufficient without me constantly having a pop-up alert.
    Faqt

If you want to make God laugh....make plans.

Hey yea i did get alot of pop-ups sayn that stuff but i got mine off a halk site and it told me all about it so i did some traces and most of them all come from the same place and they arent dangerous but i did get a few dangerous one. but really wut im tryin to say is that all u gotta do is learn about wut its sayn then u will understand it and then u can just hide it after a while and check the list now and then. And YES it blocks alot all that pop up thing does is just let you know what it did u can disable it. it blocks pop ups and hackers from getting into ur computer and make some back doors in your ports that y i said u should know what it means and u should get some tracers or use some tracing web sites so you know whats going on. I hope all that helps some of u people.

OH by the way the NETbois thing is not good. thats y i said you should trace some of those incoming things because that NETbois is some one trying to get through a port with some program that sucks. but nothing to worry about since ZoneAlarm stoped it.

umm... i dont know if u care about this but i did a trace on that Ip address and it came from some one who has Dial-Up from a provider who has been doin alot, but anyway when i did that trace it also showed that, that ip address has been attackin many computers mainly other NETbois users in the mass area. so maybe you can report them and you can alos do traces at www.arin.net or learn how to use command prompt but when u do u can also report the 'cracker' (not the racist tearm, but tearm for hacker gone bad) to the internet provider and they can do more about it or u too can become a hacker and hack them back so becareful wut u do either way. dont want false info and NeoTrace works great too though i dont like the xpress too much but it works.

that guy has attack over 12 times today the guys whos ip address u put up here but if u need anyhelp just ask me i will be around this site and u can find my AIM screen name here or PM me i can help you out with alot of things mainly with security and legally attacking hackers so they wont go after you again and i know some good sites that can help all of u guys

I don't know whether to thank you for the good laugh, or ask you if you need help...this thread you responded to is well over a year old. I don't particularly care, but some people get their undies in a knot when someone responds to old threads...

If you look right above your name on the left side, there is a row of buttons...one of them should say edit. Instead of having a conversation with yourself, you can edit your post to add information.

A couple other tidbits of info, trying to get back at a hacker is just a bad choice. They never catch the guy that started it, they always catch the guy that hits back, you know what I mean??

Can I also direct you towards the following threads? They may make your stay a little more friendly..
    New Here?
    Guide to AO

Welcome to AO.

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Originally posted here by djplaya216921
    PM me i can help you out with alot of things mainly with security and legally attacking hackers
    LOL, how do you 'legally' attack someone? Thats one of the biggest mistakes you can make. What if the source IP is a spoofed host, or a proxy, or a zombie? Then you would be attacking an innocent user, and thats illegal.

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"