Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Hat 9 is Great!!!

Talking Red Hat 9 is Great!!!

I've just completed an install of Red Hat 9, and I'm still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor. It's great, looks really, really good. The upgrade was painless, it remembered all my configurations and I was back up and running in less than an hour and a half. I strongly recommend the upgrade or install for those who are reluctant to jump on the new OS. It's really kick ass and it gets five starts from me. Lots of new tools to play.

PuRe

Yep, I myself installed Redhat9 the other day and I am also quite pleased with it.
    Although there does not appear to be that many noticeable changes from redhat8 (which I had been using).
    It picked up all my hardware and settings during the install with no troubles at all. The only thing I had to sort out was my nvidia card, Which required a simple trip to nvidias website to pick up the new drivers for redhat 9

Redhat have continued there policy of not building in any mp3 support which they had in 8. This is due to copyright issues, although getting and installing your own mp3 decoder is a simple task.

I think that Redhat 9 is a briliant choice for new linux users to learn and use.

I am currently writing a review of Redhat 9, which I will post here once I have finshed
    I have included a screenshot of my current redhat 9 desktop for now

I am writing up a lengthy review which I will post shortly, but my experience hasn't been so glowing.

Watch the reviews forum.....
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    I know they started offering it for their paying customers, but I haven't seen RH9 on the public FTP site or the mirrors yet. Does anyone know when RH9 is supposed to be available to the general public?

Banned
    Okies... you do that and I'll write a tutorial on Suse 8.1 Pro which is much more stable than RH 8.something, comes with mp3-support and all the goodies, and did I mention it's much more stable already? RH 7.3 rocks, RH 8 blows... just mho.

OK, my review is up, but apparently Reviews is one of the forums that got yanked from the front page. I wonder why....

Anyway, it's here.
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

Originally posted here by Negative
    RH 7.3 rocks, RH 8 blows... just mho.

I am with Negative, I like RH 7.3 then 8 or 9 ..dunno why RH 7.3 still champ for me...

Cheers
    Not an image or image does not exist!
    Not an image or image does not exist!

Does anyone know if red hat 9 supports the audigy soundcard, I know suse 8.2 will

I'll be posting a link to the RH9 ISO's on my server for those interested. I'll have it up shortly, check back here for the link.

PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com

Yeah it all sounds good does anyone have any info on where to get it if they do I would be highly thankful

Yeah it all sounds good does anyone have any info on where to get it if they do I would be highly thankful. also I would like to know if it is possible to run redhat9 in combination with linux and how much ram it uses as I am running an old i386 with 12mb of ram but I do have 4 slots of memory so i should be able to upgrade it if anyone has any info i would very thankful thanks for your time