Question of the Week!

Thread: Question of the Week!

BS, EnCE, ACE, Cellebrite 11001001's Avatar
    Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."

Question Question of the Week!

Monday Already?

If you could have one SysAdmin or Security task automated, what would it be?

I'd make the machine automatically reboot when the users do stupid things to it.
    That's Officer 11001001 to you...
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

lock the comp, and pop-up with a 'problem lies between keyboard and chair' error, and the only way to unlock it would be to type in 'I'm unworthy of your mighty power!"
    \"If you befriend a person but lack the mercy to correct him, then you are in fact his enemy!!!!\"

It would be an automatic shutdown. I have two labs here, and it's my job to shut them down every night, and turn them back on every morning. I just wish, I could set an automatic timer. I know, it's not very security related, but it is this little admin's job, and I wish it could be automated.
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce

How about everytime they reached for the phone to call me for something idiotic... online helps pops up?

F1 is your friend... really, contrary to popular belief... it won't blow up your computer.

A button on the tower... everytime the user *****ed up the OS, they could push the button and it would reboot with the ghost software and automatically reghost the machine with a clean image.

The Recidivist
    what exactly is the process of "ghosting"?

"Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche