Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Iraq needs to stop complaining!

Iraq needs to stop complaining!

First of all everybody probably knows of Iraq Government broadcasting on their T.V. That the U.S hasn't even landed groundtroops in Iraq yet. That is the biggest pile of bull crap ever. But I'm not making this post because of that, I'm making this post because of something else that caught my eye when I was reading some news. An Iraqi official named Rym Brahimi said
    Now a short while ago, the minister of health of Iraq came out and accused the United States of deliberately targeting civilians. He said that in the past week or so since the conflict began, there have been 350 Iraqi civilian deaths, mostly women, children and the elderly. ...The minister also said that this was something the United States and Britain were doing deliberately.
    If you want to read the whole story go here. This is serious bull crap right here. I found another article that says
    The United States has committed another $200 million to feed the Iraqi people and said the United Nations would have a major role in delivering humanitarian assistance to the Iraqi people.
    If you want the full article for that click here. This proves right here that Iraq needs to shut the f*** up about what thier saying expecially if what their saying is a bunch of lies. The second article clearly proves that the United States and the U.N. are both doing their best to help Iraqi civilians and the whole point of the U.S. starting the war is to overthrough Saddam from his horrible leadership. Thousands of Iraqi civilians were being tortured before this war began by Saddam's men. Even if there are some civilian casualties from this war its still less than how many were dying before this war began and also the U.S. fighting this war is for the better good. I know some people may disagree with me on that one, but thats my beleif and if you look at it you should find it somewhat reasonable. I hope this article helps everyone in some way in their opinions on this war and how Iraq needs to stop lying and complaining.

Chris

I personally find it hilarious that the Information Minister, standing on the roof of his building, while mortar rounds and heavy machine gun fire is going off in the background, is actually telling the press there that the U.S. troops are commiting suicide on the walls of Baghdad. He says we haven't entered the city but there is clearly skirmishes less than a half-mile away.

It's actually funny to watch how pitiful those gov't officials are. How ludicruos. I hope that Info Minister goes down with the ship....big time.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

yeah iraq, stop complaining while we invade your country and kill your people , what a bunch of whiners those iraqi's are,of course the world is black and white and the ends justify the means---propoganda goes both ways

This proves right here that Iraq needs to shut the f*** up about what thier saying expecially if what their saying is a bunch of lies. The second article clearly proves that the United States and the U.N. are both doing their best to help Iraqi civilians and the whole point of the U.S. starting the war is to overthrough Saddam from his horrible leadership. Thousands of Iraqi civilians were being tortured before this war began by Saddam's men. Even if there are some civilian casualties from this war its still less than how many were dying before this war began and also the U.S. fighting this war is for the better good.
    I'd say the job the US has done so far with civilian casualties is admirable, but of course it is because it is in their best interests to keep those deaths to an absolute minimum. If they had killed thousands upon thousands of civilians, then I can't imagine the Iraqis welcoming a temporary US government with open arms.

The purpose of the invasion, though, was to disarm the Iraqi leadership of any weapons of mass destruction. Not to depose the leadership, or govern the country. It's ludicrous how quickly the focus has shifted to getting rid of Saddam and 'liberating' the Iraqi people.

Originally posted here by bugsthecat
    yeah iraq, stop complaining while we invade your country and kill your people , what a bunch of whiners those iraqi's are,of course the world is black and white and the ends justify the means---propoganda goes both ways
    So you're of the opinion we should've stayed on our side of the Atlantic?

Originally posted here by powertoad5000

The purpose of the invasion, though, was to disarm the Iraqi leadership of any weapons of mass destruction. Not to depose the leadership, or govern the country. It's ludicrous how quickly the focus has shifted to getting rid of Saddam and 'liberating' the Iraqi people.
    That is good ol' propaganda. The focus never changed, the media hype did. It's called information warfare. Pretty interesting, heh?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

The point of this war was never disarming Iraq, nor was it about changing the leadership. It wasn't about oil we could have had that cheap by removing sanctions, and it defiantly wasn't about saving Iraq's people...remember these same guys - baby bush where in power when Hussein was gassing his own people and waging a war of genocide...we supported all of his actions then. The war is about one thing, keeping bush in power for another term. That’s what Iraq is about that’s what Syria will be about when we go in there next. This has been an attempt to keep the American masses doped up in a patriotic daze so that we wont notice our economy or the death of all of our personal freedoms.

Banned
    Originally posted by schoolsucks779
    An Iraqi official named Rym Brahimi said...
    Excuse me sir, but Rym Brahimi is a CNN Correspondent. A female one. Not an Iraqi official.

Dr. Omaid Midhat Mubarak was Iraq's Minister of Health last time I checked (one minute ago, that is). A male one. An Iraqi official.

Originally posted by schoolsucks779
    I hope this article helps everyone in some way in their opinions on this war and how Iraq needs to stop lying and complaining.
    Sure thing, man.
    "Iraq" needs to stop lying and complaining? Never knew the opinion of the Minister of Health represented an entire country. Mubarak indeed probably lied on the deliberateness of the civilian casualties, about the motive. That doesn't take away the subject, though. Whatever the motive is, civilians ARE being killed.

Originally posted by KorpDeath
    I personally find it hilarious that the Information Minister, standing on the roof of his building, while mortar rounds and heavy machine gun fire is going off in the background, is actually telling the press there that the U.S. troops are commiting suicide on the walls of Baghdad. He says we haven't entered the city but there is clearly skirmishes less than a half-mile away.

It's actually funny to watch how pitiful those gov't officials are. How ludicruos. I hope that Info Minister goes down with the ship....big time.
    The speech was made seconds after an American tank fired a grenade at Hotel Palestine. Hotel Palestine is the hotel where most un-embedded journalists are staying. A Spanish camera-man (working for Telecinco) died. An Ukrainian camera-man (working for Reuters, UK) died.
    French television France 3 filmed the shootings. You can clearly see how the tank's cannon is aimed at the hotel and fires an obus after two minutes.
    Spanish government requested an American explanation. The IFJ (International Federation of Journalists) has labeled the attack as a crime of war. Secretary Aidan White requests the prosecution of the perpretators, based on Geneva Conventions.

And about Iraqi TV: under Geneva Conventions, it'd be illegal to target Iraqi TV based on its propaganda value. "Although stopping enemy propaganda may serve to demoralize the Iraqi population and to undermine the government's political support neither purpose offers the 'concrete and direct' military advantage necessary under international law to make civilian broadcast facilities a legitimate military target." , HRW says.

A Belgian reporter asked the Minister of Information how he could talk this way when you could see the occupation with your own eyes. His answer: "Once, my friend, you will learn that the Iraqi people will never be occupied. Once, my friend, you will learn the difference between body and soul.".

Originally posted here by Negative

The speech was made seconds after an American tank fired a grenade at Hotel Palestine. Hotel Palestine is the hotel where most un-embedded journalists are staying. A Spanish camera-man (working for Telecinco) died. An Ukrainian camera-man (working for Reuters, UK) died.
    French television France 3 filmed the shootings. You can clearly see how the tank's cannon is aimed at the hotel and fires an obus after two minutes.
    Spanish government requested an American explanation. The IFJ (International Federation of Journalists) has labeled the attack as a crime of war. Secretary Aidan White requests the prosecution of the perpretators, based on Geneva Conventions.

And about Iraqi TV: under Geneva Conventions, it'd be illegal to target Iraqi TV based on its propaganda value. "Although stopping enemy propaganda may serve to demoralize the Iraqi population and to undermine the government's political support neither purpose offers the 'concrete and direct' military advantage necessary under international law to make civilian broadcast facilities a legitimate military target." , HRW says.

A Belgian reporter asked the Minister of Information how he could talk this way when you could see the occupation with your own eyes. His answer: "Once, my friend, you will learn that the Iraqi people will never be occupied. Once, my friend, you will learn the difference between body and soul.".
    What in the hell does that have to do with the Information Minister of Iraq taking hallucinatory drugs and giving an impromptu press conference? That's not a speech, that's insanity.

If that's the game the international community is going to play, I think you need to find some other "war criminals" to prosecutr first. Or are you now going to deny war crimes by anyone other than the U.S.? That's typical.

A war zone is a dangerous place, you want to cover the fight be ready to duck for cover. If Saddam's men use the hotel to launch attacks against the U.S. then it's a fair target. No one, if fired upon, is going to say "Oh, no we can't shoot back cause there might be journalists there." Nobody. Not even the Belgian military........oh wait....that's an oxymoron, sorry.
    - Samuel Johnson

One of the comments made in the UK has been that the journalists have chosen to be on the front line, whereas the civilian population of Bagdad has not.
    If you a stick a camera out of the middle of a hotel, when a US tank is coming under fire from somewhere in your general direction, what do you expect?
    How can a tank commander distinguish between a journalist holding a camera and/or binoculars from the person who is directing fire at his tank?

It's curious about the Information Minister of Iraq, as he is not part of Saddam's inner circle.
    In fact he was demoted to this position 2 years ago, after disagreeing with Saddam.
    Maybe he is smoking something ....

Banned
    Originally posted by KorpDeath
    If Saddam's men use the hotel to launch attacks against the U.S. then it's a fair target. No one, if fired upon, is going to say "Oh, no we can't shoot back cause there might be journalists there." Nobody. Not even the Belgian military........oh wait....that's an oxymoron, sorry.
    If is the important word here. The Palestine Hotel is known to be a hotel were only Western journalists reside. The exact co-ordinates of all hotels where journalists reside, along with co-ordinates of media-haedquarters, were passed to the Pentagon before the war even begun (Al-Jazeera, Abu Dhabi,...- Al-Jazeera has been bombed, and so has Abu Dhabi). According to all journalists staying in the hotel at that time, there were no attacks launched from within the hotel against the U.S. I hope this some day will go to court, and it'll be the word of the American soldier who fired the grenade against the words of dozens of journalists, backed up with filmed evidence.

Originally posted by darkes
    How can a tank commander distinguish between a journalist holding a camera and/or binoculars from the person who is directing fire at his tank?
    According to American spokesman brigade-general Vincent Brooks, the decision to fire was not taken by central command, but by an officer right there. "We can not know every place where journalists work in the field. We only know the journalists who are active with our troops.", Brooks added. Excuse me? If you don't know Hotel Palestine is the hotel where almost all Western journalists are staying, you don't belong there.

Immediately after the accusations by the IFJ, Central command said there were shots being fired from within the hotel. ALL journalists deny this.

A spokesman for US External Affairs already admitted that the bombing of Al-Jazeera headquarters was "a serious mistake".
    I'm waiting for the same statement about Hotel Palestine.... just a matter of time if you ask me.