FreeBSD <->lilo&gnub

Thread: FreeBSD <->lilo&gnub

FreeBSD <->lilo&gnub

Hi all,
    I tried to install it several times . But no success. It put me into a console not graphical interface. Then I decided to go back for Mandrake. Well, after finishing installing Mandrake, FreeBSD''bootloader still there. That means I cant use Mandrake.
    Anyone has any idea why and how to solve this problem. Of course, except use a floppy disk to fdisk -rmb.
    Thanks!

its

fdisk/MBR

when you put mandrake back on it shouldv put its own boot loader on, so either fdisk/mbr or you didnt tell mandrake to put a boot loader in, remember when you reformat the HD to put on mandrake it doesnt touch the master boot record.

Hi gore:
    thanks for your fast reply. You know, I did reinstall Mandrake 2 times, the first time I installed gnub (of course still boot with freebsd bootloader) and the second time I tried lilo, still the same.
    thanks, again, gore

Hi,

How about put your mandrake on your cd drive and then when Freebsd bootloader loading try type boot -s and reboot but don't forget to check your bios set up to CD-ROM..
    Not an image or image does not exist!
    Not an image or image does not exist!

Hi,

You wanna install grub and boot FBSD and Mandrake ?You can install GRUB on FBSD slice then.Add the respective port.Then type grub.You will get the grub prompt.Read the info pages of grub.`info grub`.Do as said in the info pages.Its pretty easy.I have it running on my box on FreeBSD.Good Luck.