Thread: Windows 2003 Server key leak threatens mass piracy

Windows 2003 Server key leak threatens mass piracy

A key code for installing Microsoft's Windows Server 2003 has leaked onto the Internet, a loss that could lead to widespread piracy of the software.

http://news.com.com/2100-1009-995879...g=fd_lede1_hed

I was waiting for this to happen. Not to pirate the software, but I assumed that it would happen since it has happened with every other MS system.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

The Iceman Cometh
    That's only the half of it. Check out WinBeta's 6-in-1 installation (all retail and all enterprise versions, on one CD). Just released to IRC. That's gonna put a serious damper on Microsoft's plans.

http://www.winbeta.org/modules.php?n...ticle&sid=1280

AJ

Check out WinBeta's 6-in-1 installation
    w0w! That 6in1 is impressive. Why didn't m$ think of something like that?

If you can't beat them... you might as well join them!

Originally posted here by avdven
    That's only the half of it. Check out WinBeta's 6-in-1 installation (all retail and all enterprise versions, on one CD). Just released to IRC. That's gonna put a serious damper on Microsoft's plans.

http://www.winbeta.org/modules.php?n...ticle&sid=1280

AJ
    I doubt this will put any crimps in any ones plans. The main customers of server 2003 will still buy the product, they are business that have the cash and are rightfully paranoid about getting busted with pirated software. It’s just not worth it to them to pirate the stuff. The people who use the Warz copies of this will be much like the people who used the pirated copies of NT back in the day...folks who would have never bought the OS to begin with. Microsoft doesn’t lose any customers to the piracy, and it increases their base of knowledgeable admins/evangalists I wouldn't be surprised if they knew about the leak before it happened and allowed it .

Why make a big deal about this now??? This happens all the time, with all of their software. I seriously doubt if DRM or Palladin will survive either....what's next?
    "It is a shame that stupidity is not painful" - Anton LaVey

avdven.... i clicked on the link and it seems that they deleted the Article.... I went to the Stories Archive and it has id=1279 and id=1281 but no id=1280

*sigh* i'm board
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,