Thread: Multiple proxies?

Multiple proxies?

Can anyone give me some info on traveling through multiple proxies? Is there any way I can view webpages, telnet around, and ftp through multiple proxies?

In internet explorer, I can only specify one proxy. There's a program called sockscap that I can use to telnet/ftp (if I remember righ) to different servers through a proxy. However, I'm not quite sure how to tell a proxy to go through another proxy.

I think I may be in need of a proxy chain? Or is that something unrelated?

Any help would be great!

-Drawenai

Your best bet would be MultiProxy It uses multiple proxies to retrieve a page. The downside I have found with it is that its often slower than a direct single connection, and you need to update your proxy list weekly or better to ensure you have enough working proxies in your list.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

http://www.google.com/search?q=proxy...&ie=ISO-8859-1
    the link above should yield some useful info...
    I think they call that proxy chaining ?

when viewing webpages, could you just put the proxies in the URL?
    someone please confirm this? or correct me , please
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

Yes, you can put the proxy adress in the url. I don't remind exactly the command, it must be something like:
    http://proxy_adress:port/target_adress:port

I'm not sure about the "/" between the "port" and the "target". If somebody reminds if it is this, please post here. You can easily chain proxies in a simple browser with this command.

KC
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--