Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WIndows XP Universal Password

WIndows XP Universal Password

Hi all,

My freinds dad supposedly has a password that overrides any password in windows xp. Have any of you heard, or know what this password is.

THanx

Backtrails
    If your 555 then I\'m 666

Backtrails

It's a gas!
    What kind of Win XP password are you referring to?

User account password?

Just Another Geek

Re: WIndows XP Universal Password

Originally posted here by backtrails
    Hi all,

My freinds dad supposedly has a password that overrides any password in windows xp. Have any of you heard, or know what this password is.
    Sounds like an urban legend to me. He can have an administrator account. Using that he can always login (even when it's locked by someone else) and/or change any account's password.

I never have heard of anything like this. What would be the point of security if this was true? The password would get leaked and then MS would not have any password security. MS cannot even keep their product keys secret. He is probably just BS'ing you or he is talking about having the admin account on his machine.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I never have heard of anything like this. I agree with CXGJarrod " The password might get leaked"
    Prana0777

XP's what, two, three years old now? If a secret master-password really existed, it would've leaked long ago and we'd all know it by now.

Not that a master-password is really all that incredibly necessary. "Windows Security" is kind of an oxymoron.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of hackers, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    I am what I am and I do what I can.

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Hmmm, i agree what you have said so far, that there is no such thing.....but what if there was a global password

Im not trying to say there is, but just what if? On one hand, its not that impossible. Many products have global/manufactures passwords. Just something to get some replies outta you folks.

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

What would it be? Bill Gates' master password to all Windows boxes? My vote goes for "ResistanceIsFutile."
    Do not meddle in the affairs of hackers, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    I am what I am and I do what I can.

I don't necessarily think it would be a password so much as a well hidden backdoor, because passwords can be cracked eventually. The more things MS crams into Windows, the less I trust it. With all the possible theories and talk flying about concerning Palladium (is it still even being called that?) I am very hesitant to continue using windows in any capacity other than for videogames.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Global Password: MyLittlePony

I'm sure that your friend's dad is refering to an admin account on his machine, or even the family network, if he's the kind who would set up a family domain. This would allow him to look at everyone's computers on the default c$ shares.
    i\'m starting to think that i\'m bound to always be the first guy on the second page of the thread.