Thread: i.p tracking and wide area network

i.p tracking and wide area network

Hello every body, it's me vaibhav here. I am the new member of this site.any body can tell me how i can know the ip of the person with whom i m involved in chatting. and how i can get access to any reomote computer with the help of ip? i know that it's not a easy task and can be told here. so if any one knows about any good site then plz help me. thanks
    vaibhav

With regards to finding out an IP address - there are a number of ways to do this. You might look at the netstat command. You could also look into a sniffer software, such as ethereal.

With regards to gaining unauthorized access to a system - this is probably illegal, don't do it. The purpose of these forums is to educate people on how to prevent unauthorized access not to promote it.

Man, what're you thinking posting that here? Just 'cause some of us might know how doesn't mean we'd ever do it. I'm new here too, so all I've got to say is learn one thing real fast: these boards are used to FIX security issues, not create them.

Another thing is a rumor I've heard, which is that the authorities monitor these boards closely. And people that ask questions like that A. stick out like a sore thumb and B. give the rest of us a bad name.

I'm sure you just want to pull some little prank on some kid you're chatting with. We all have at one point or another. But what your talking about is not only jailtime for you, but reinforces the evil-hacker stereotype the rest of the tech kids of the world have to deal with.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of hackers, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    I am what I am and I do what I can.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    vaibhav22,

Since some people responded to this thread I won't delete it but I will say this:

1. Don't create multiple threads when one will do. People tend to read most if not all the forums. Your post will be answered. You just need patience.

2. Please read the Antionline FAQ ( http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=235123 ) and the Note to Newbies ( http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=234143 )

3. Lastly, what you are intending on doing will break a few laws in many countries. Not the getting of the IP but rather the attempt to gain access to the machine at that IP. There are only a few valid reasons I can see for someone to gain access to a machine. However, given the method you want to use to do it I have some doubts. You may want to reconsider the path you are intending on going down. Jail is not as fun as you might think.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage