Who thinks Saddam is dead
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who thinks Saddam is dead

Banned

Who thinks Saddam is dead

The Iraqis broke the statue into pieces and dragged its head through the streets, while others -- including children -- pounded it with shoes, an act considered a supreme insult in the Arab world.
    (get the article here .) First of all I wanted to quote this from one of the articles I was looking at because I find it completely hilarious and it shows that justice is once again served. I'm not saying that it didn't cost everybody for this justice but it still was served. First of all who thinks that all of these cost's of war are worth it?

Now what this is really about is if Saddam is really dead or not. In the same article that I quoted above is says that the Iraqi Ambassador to the U.N. says, "The game is over. I hope the peace will prevail and the Iraqi people at the end of the day will have a peaceful life," and the White House spokesman Ari Fleischer said, "Freedom's taste is unquenchable, You're seeing what you see in mankind everywhere, given a chance to be free.'' But is Saddam really dead? Some people disagree and say that he is alive. The article says
    Meanwhile, opposition groups have information that Saddam survived a Monday airstrike in Baghdad and escaped the Iraqi capital along with at least one of his sons, Iraqi National Congress leader Ahmad Chalabi told CNN Wednesday. Chalabi said the reports, which are unconfirmed, indicate Saddam has taken refuge in the city of Baqubah, northeast of the Iraqi capital -- a town that was home to a large Iraqi military base and prisoner of war camp. Rumsfeld again warned Syria, saying some intelligence reports indicate that Syria was offering safe passage to members of Iraq's senior leadership and allowing some military equipment to move from Syria into Iraq.
    So what exactly does everyone at AO think about it? Is Saddam really gone or just gone hiding somewhere? Either way it wont be much longer before the war is over and that is good for everyone, no matter what your viewpoint is.

Knowing Saddam, that bastard is probably in a tunnel somewhere sipping on the best French wine.
    Im not sure if they got him, but for everyone's sake i sure hope so! It really makes me wonder if the intelligence is as good as the government is telling us. I would imagine infiltrating Saddam's outfit would be tough as hell. I have confidence in the coalitions intelligence agencies though.

He's probably living in France or Russia, I think we all know why France made a vito on 2nd resolution because they were supplying weapons to Iraq. After all the sacrifices made by alliance troops in WW2 (I know it was 50 odd years ago) But you would expect some sort of gratitude from the frogs (French). Maybe not just a knife in the back instead.

The Recidivist
    I have a hard time beliving with all the money that the US of A invests into intelligence and the technology that we posses today that we have yet to be able to kill Osama bin Laden or Saddam. Kinda makes me wonder if we are really trying.......

hjack
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Odds are we are trying but failing. For years the US intelligence agencies have been the laughing stock of the world precisely because of our money and technology. It seems are agents rely too much on there toys and not enough on leg work so we are constantly getting things wrong. Tech can be tricked easily see the tape recorder cell phone scam Bin Laden pulled on us

As for Hussein the Israelis seem to think heís in Syria, they do use agents in the field and leg work..and are usually right. All they have right now is conjecture but about for days before the war a plane left Iraq and went to Syria. As soon as it entered Syrian air space it got fighter cover and now a suite in a hotel that Hussein visited is under heave guard including antiair missile stations....

It looks like we missed the target again and until we revamp how we do Intel (start doing leg work and stop relying on prisoners and defectors who lie in exchange for better treatment) we will keep missing the target.

Banned
    I agree with you completely bballad. I don't think that the U.S. is putting as much work into finding him and instead are relying too much on technology. I also find it very interesting how 4 people (including me) have doubted the U.S.'s capabilities of killing Saddam and are all from the U.S. ourselves. But at least we have overthrown Saddam and most of the people that are in it with him... thats at least something that is commendable.

Zorolord said :
    He's probably living in France or Russia, I think we all know why France made a vito on 2nd resolution because they were supplying weapons to Iraq. After all the sacrifices made by alliance troops in WW2 (I know it was 50 odd years ago) But you would expect some sort of gratitude from the frogs (French). Maybe not just a knife in the back instead.
    Bullshit ! France condamn what Saddam is and what he does. France have made commercial exchange with iraqi not with Saddam as others country. France unlike UK has not construct Chemical factory (A UK newspaper say that last week). Stop with WW2. WW2 was a different situation but if you want to take this US enter WW2 only after they were attacked, before they just sat and watch. If French and Lafayette in 1777 have not help US, US will be UK. Before saying something so stupid... ...think more than 1 second.

Lets remember before we start blaming the French for Sadamm that most of the men in the current US administration help create him Rummsfeld, Chaney, and papa bush had a big part in bringing him to power and keeping him there. We supplied him with the means to get the nonconvetional weapons he had, and we kept the UN off his back while he used them in the Iran/Iraq war. Any blood on Husseinís hands is also on ours not the French...all they did was try and buy some cheap oil.

Oh and he never had WMDíS this is a pet peeve of mine, chemical and biological weapons are not WMDís they are nonconventional weapons. The only WMD are nuclear in nature. Chemical and Biological agents are decent psychological weapons but in the modern mobile battle field they have little to no tactical use. Nor could you kill a significant amount of people with them.

Banned
    I have to disagree with you about that one bballad, chemical and biological weapons could very easily kill many people. Maybe not on the battlefield but if they sent someone to the U.S. and dropped some of the stuff that they own in the water supply or set them off in a place with a high concentration of people then there would most definitley be many deaths from it. I'm not trying to be paraniod or anything or say that they would ever have the balls to try it, but I'm just saying that it could hurt many people.

I don't think he's dead, but does it matter. The country was rubble to begin with, now it's just been bombed into smaller rubble. The cost of war may be worth it, but was a lot higher than it should have been due to military stupidity. Americain shooting allies left and right and Helicopters crashing all over the place. I'm not saying helicopter crashes don't happen, but at least Canadian troops know how to crash with style and grace so noone gets hurt. My guess is "So-Damn" never had weapons but when he got threaten my outnumbering troops and bombs he walked out of the country. Shave the mustach and wear a hat and no one will reackonize him.
    Not all those who wander are lost.