Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Firewall

Favorite Firewall

I use Zone alarm and I dont think i want to use it anymore is there any better ones i should look into? Thanks
    Hacker dan

Beware, you probably will get negged for the subject and all. Its an amazinly personal choice realy, plus you have to pick one that suits you needs (ie logging, IDS, stateful packet inspection) Do a search for firewall and im sure you will find some threads with the info your looking for.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Old Fart
    Jeez...look here, or here.
    Check out the ADVANCED SEARCH feature...it works...honest it does...you should try it.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Cool Re: Favorite Firewall

Originally posted here by hackerdan1
    I use Zone alarm and I dont think i want to use it anymore is there any better ones i should look into? Thanks
    Humm..Syini666 is right, it is a really personal issue. But there are some really good choises out there, Zone Alarm Pro is very good, doh´im using Black Ice Defender Pro that till now works fine in outgoing and incoming traffic.
    You should really test some firewalls, run some test´s and choose the best one for your needs

Keep on and give them hell´..
    Owmen

Blackice is more of an IDS than solid firewall.

I am personally using OutPost by Agnitum for the first time, and so far I like it more than I did Zone Alarm Pro, or ZA Personal.

http://www.agnitum.com/php_scripts/compare.php

A little comparision table to show the specs of a few widly known firewalls
    Mafia = Organized Crime
    Government = Unorganized Crime

I'v always prefered sygate, even though it kept crashing my comp, heh.

I'v always prefered sygate
    yes, i think sygate is quiet good, i've tried it few weeks ago and it worked properly. i used to wprk with Norton firewall and norton corporate edition as my anti-v and it need long time to masterd it to make it works optimally.
    sygate is free and very easy to use. it also gives me all the infomation i need when my ports were scanner ect, so it depends with your setting on the firewall.
    When I lay me down to sleep, Pray the LORD my soul to keep.
    If I die before i wake, Pray the LORD my soul to take.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=389

sygate and zone alarm are good, too. BUT sygate is easy to use. Black Ice Defender Pro is good. There have several vendors which are good program but you have to find what you really want to look for? If you really feel need more secure. Go check on search engine and find more firewall vendors there.

I used Norton Firwall is good and easy to use, too. It will automcially update when it needed.

Peace out
    Prana0777

My favourite is Zone Alarm Pro what reasons do you have for wanting to change your firewall?
    Just wondering what features you are unhappy with.
    [pong][gloworange]665[/gloworange] Next door to the [glowpurple]devil[/glowpurple][/pong]