My Project

Thread: My Project

My Project

Well I like skrewing up windows, but it wont let me. LoL, I know it's pretty hard to not skrew up windows but I have something in mind. Somebody earlier posted something about res://c:\windows\system32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm and I was just thinking about how dull that page is. So I decide to whip out my hex editor and edit c:\windows\system32\shdoclc.dll and it all ows me to save it but the next time I look in it then its fixed again. Anybody know how this file repires itself? I think I am just going to try and edit it in safe mode.

Antionline Herpetologist
    What OS are you using? 2K and XP have a "feature" where all system files are backed up in a directory (%SystemRoot%\System32\dllcache). So if on checking the dll files, any one of them is different, it's promptly overwritten with a verified version. If you don't want it to be overwritten, just rename "%SystemRoot%\System32\dllcache\shdoclc.dll" to something like shdoclc.bak and then edit the original file in "%SystemRoot%\System32\shdoclc.dll"

Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

Thanks I didn't know that. Where do you find this stuff out?

Antionline Herpetologist
    I found this out when installing the uxtheme patch from tgtsoft. It's there in the instructions. BTW, if you have SP1 installed, then you have another directory to worry about, it's called "%systemroot%\ServicePackFiles" .
    Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com