Fatherhood?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fatherhood?

The Recidivist

Fatherhood?

Just wanted to share a very special moment in my life with some of you. I found out Friday that I am going to be a father. I am only 21, still in college, so you could understand some of the thoughts that ran through my head. I think I have come to terms with it and am very thankful that I have such a beautiful and intelligent women to share this with. I am looking foward to all those special moments like the first smile and first steps and so on. I am worried but I think I can stand up to the challenge. Just wanted to share this with everyone.

hjack
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    hjack,

Well even if you're 21, this is one of the most rewarding moments of your life.
    Hope you've got good luck on em , although I myself doesn't have kids yet.

Congratz,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

CONGRATS!!

That's great hjack...

I'm 21 and a college student as well.. and I can't wait for kids.... They're the greatest joys in the world.... Good Luck

Congrats. Fatherhood can be the most rewarding experience in your life. It's hard work but when you see that little face look up to for answers, it's fantastic.

Good luck.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

First off congradulations. Im 20 and am in college as well. Wow! thats alot on your plate if you ask me. Hell i am totally dependent on my mother and the government at the moment lol, i hope you succeed in giving that baby a good life. Good Luck with all of that

I reckon that mood under your name is accurate

The Recidivist
    Thank you everybody for you support. It reallys helps to know that there are ppl out there that don't think this is the end of life. I take it you have kids KorpDeath?

hjack

Also I hope that having a baby is easier then setting up a dual boot or I am in trouble!!
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Congratulations hjack! Enjoy the baby. Lots of fun and lots of work. They are a joy to have, learn from and play with -- it also justifies you having toys now and watching cartoons.

Not sure how far along your partner is, but a word of caution, my wife and I were expecting our second and just learned this week that we had a miscarriage. We also found out there isn't much that can be done to avoid a miscarriage. We are recovering now, and everyone says to just keep trying, which we will. Hence my mood still, but I can already feel my smart-alec self coming back around:

So again - enjoy this baby, enjoy each phase of this pregnancy and I hope for the best for you and yours. If you can - get to some pregnancy classes (usually offered by hospitals) - "they're a blast!" But they really did help us out with our first. Last - you may find yourself in a corner with the baby and school - but stick with it. I wrapping up my Masters and I still find that I have time to play with the kid. It's not the end of your life, just another beginning. Alright corny - but it's true.

Good luck!

\"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?\"
    -Juvenal

Thumbs up

Congrats..I was just out of college and 23 when my son was born. It was the most wonderful experience of my life. Still is . Fatherhood is a great pleasure and I wouldn't trade my life with anyone.

I just wish we could reverse life a little so I could be retired now and start working at 50..That way I could spend a lot more time with him (As it is I refuse to work more then 8 hrs in a day, and have moved jobs till I was closer to home)

AS a warrning..in that first month those diapers wont be right....The tar like substance is normal though don't do what I did and rush the kid to the hospital (my wife was have a day off from being mom and it was my first diaper change...that stuff didn't look right )

Originally posted here by hjack
    Thank you everybody for you support. It reallys helps to know that there are ppl out there that don't think this is the end of life. I take it you have kids KorpDeath?

hjack

Also I hope that having a baby is easier then setting up a dual boot or I am in trouble!!
    Three of them. I started when I was 21. My youngest is a 3 year old girl. Girls are great when they are little, I can wait, though, to meet ANY of her boyfriends (when she gets allot older). I think I'll let her start dating around 30.......

Babies are easy, you just have to constantly watch them and don't ever panic. I've seen some strange things come out of some babies orifices, WHEW!!!!

Good luck. They are great.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Parenthood can be the most rewarding and punishing challenge you'll ever do.

Just remember what your parents told you...

" Someday I hope you have a child just as wonderful as you."

Good luck and God bless to you and your "co-conspirator"
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot