Thread: Network/firewall/ICS

Network/firewall/ICS

Hi
    I have a domestical network witch agregate 2 computers. In PC server I have a Internect connection Shared. My OS is win XP pro. My problem is: On PC server i cant send files by mirc or messenger (only receive), i cant play online games doing like server, and other stuff like that.. I already desable the XP firewall and my external fw (ZoneAlarm) but it dont works.
    What can i do for solve this problem?

Just Another Geek

Re: Network/firewall/ICS

Originally posted here by krayhze
    Hi
    I have a domestical network witch agregate 2 computers. In PC server I have a Internect connection Shared. My OS is win XP pro. My problem is: On PC server i cant send files by mirc or messenger (only receive), i cant play online games doing like server, and other stuff like that.. I already desable the XP firewall and my external fw (ZoneAlarm) but it dont works.
    What can i do for solve this problem?
    This is because you are using NAT (Network Address Translation). You will need to run a (irc)proxy on the PC with ICS to be able to send files with mirc on your other PC's.

For hosting network games you will need to set up some sort of redirection. I'm not sure on how to do this with ICS.