I've looked all over google and I cant find anyone who has had problems installing divx. I dont know if I'm the only one who doesnt know what he is doing but i just cant figure it out. I extracted the tarball and it's in its own directory... I tried installing it from my home dir and from / but both had same result - nothing. Ok, what I have done:
I ran make on the install.sh and got an install file but it's just an exact copy of the sh file.
I am on a RH system here and while looking for install method on the internet I saw Imake and some other stuff but RH doenst have it
I tried ./install and ./install.sh both are 'working' for a few seconds (slow computer like 200 MHz) and then it goes back to prompt
If you have ever looked at the README file it's got little instruction it says to run the ./install file and thats it.
Well if anyone out there can help me with my installation problems, thanks so much.
If there is something wrong with they way I am trying to install things please tell me (I have been learning linux for a while now and I'm just starting to install stuff and it's got me stuck. Thanks all!