Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Anyone Interested in a Novell 6 Tut?

Is Anyone Interested in a Novell 6 Tut?

I was wondering how many people would be interested in a Novell 6 tutorial, probably including, installation, configuration, and of course, vulnerability assessing and patching.

Haven't seen mutch intrest in it here, I may write it anyway though, if I write it at all. Would post it as a poll, but that's kinda wierd, so I'll just let leave it at this. Suggestions are welcome, such as something to focus on or a particular vulnerability solution to include.

I'd be interestin in learning about Novell a little bit. If you write it I'll read it.
    =

I'd be interested in a tutorial on it. I have looked into learning it...
    All of my teachers kind of discourage me to learn it. They say it was good "back in the day" but I'd still like to learn a bit about it.

I am interested in ALL types of technologies and OSs. If I had another box, I'd consider installing it myself and messing around a bit. Maybe its time to build another box?

Maybe you can get it in the AO newsletter 7? Talk to msmittens about it. She just posted an official call for articles... I wish I had the time to write one...

the people at novell like to think thier software is good for modern buisnesses, but I just don't know. I mean, I like the footprint... it's just a dos app, and now alot of it's written in java which is fairly modern, but the way everything is setup is just kinda wierd, you know. But it would always be good to be able to use it and (to go along with this site) secure it.

I like your attitude as far as wanting to learn all types of new technologies and OSs, It's similar to mine, except mine is more like; I just like the challenge of it all

oh, and if your curious, I 'aquired' novell 6 from a client for whom we setup a novell server, I'm using it to learn novell. Actually I'm updating my knowledge from Novell 4.x and 5.x which I used to use when I was a tech at my school system. Just figured I share the wealth (knowledge, not warez).

i wouldnt mind seeing some stuff on it post if u got it i shell read
    Steven AKA Heuy

We're in the middle of upgrading over a hundred servers to 6. We've got maybe a dozen of them done so far. I know that we're doing it so fast that we're missing stuff, so I'd love to see something. None of the six CNE's on staff have had a day of formal training on it, and we have two sites that are already exclusively 6. I'm also running our entire enterprise DNS off of 6......It's a pretty nice little NOS. I manage is great.

I do like Netware and we have a few servers running and I have only positive things to say about them. Netware may 'feel' old but it's really good in what it does. The only problem I have had so far is that the drivers for the SAN adapter don't directly support multiple disks, but that may be a driver issue more then a Netware related problem. We have not upgraded to NW6 yet but it'll probably be done during this year.

UpperCell : I would really like to read a tut on Netware 6, especially if you can cover many of the new features .

~micael

Maybe I'll try and 'aquire' a copy of 5.11 as well and refresh myself as to the features offered, and compare them a little with 6. Either way this isn't gonna happen right away, I can start some stuff, but I don't want to get too into anything yet 'cause I maybe moving pretty soon and I'll probably set up a goofy comp with it loaded so I can confirm everything I write. This is just a little project I may start in a little while here.

I use novell all the time and i think it would be cool to see how you would set yours up. incomparison to the way i do it. Do you use zenworks at all or bordermanager?
    God save the President and his fascist regime!

Same here
    if you write it and i will read it.
    Keep it cool.