Thread: antipoints

antipoints

Since I registered about a year ago I have seen quit alot of antipoint threads come and go.
    Some go suicidal in no time and others die of natural causes.

This is not a thread bitching about antipoints, it is just a suggestion.

I have been hearing some members, both new ones and senior ones and everything in between, complain about being negged big time for ventilating their opinion in (mainly) the cosmos forum.

As I have read in (i believe) soulemans 2000'th post there was a some sort of silent policy on the forum before.
    You could place your opinion without fearing some opposing people would neg you banned.
    Hey not everyone thinks alike, which is a good thing.

Now I have never started a thread on the cosmos forum so I have not experienced this to the max extent, h this is my first site suggestions post. Guess there is a first time for everything.

The suggestion is the following.
    Remove the ability to give/recieve antipoints in the cosmos forum.
    Make the silent policy a permanent one.

This has been asked before,

And I agree...

Why not just remove the danger (antipoints) from oppinions (cosmos) to stupidity (AntiOnline: How Do I? or What Is? posts about hacking hotmail and downloading trojans etc..) . .

And Negative, the Cosmos Moderator wouldn't mind either, would he?
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Re: antipoints

Originally posted here by noODle
    Since I registered about a year ago I have seen quit alot of antipoint threads come and go.
    Some go suicidal in no time and others die of natural causes.

This is not a thread bitching about antipoints, it is just a suggestion.

I have been hearing some members, both new ones and senior ones and everything in between, complain about being negged big time for ventilating their opinion in (mainly) the cosmos forum.

As I have read in (i believe) soulemans 2000'th post there was a some sort of silent policy on the forum before.
    You could place your opinion without fearing some opposing people would neg you banned.
    Hey not everyone thinks alike, which is a good thing.

Now I have never started a thread on the cosmos forum so I have not experienced this to the max extent, h this is my first site suggestions post. Guess there is a first time for everything.

The suggestion is the following.
    Remove the ability to give/recieve antipoints in the cosmos forum.
    Make the silent policy a permanent one.

I don't know of any "silent policy" (but then again I haven't been around that long), but I agree with you and I'll point out your suggestion to those in charge.
    - Runner -

whey ?

thx StreetRunner

and is there an "keep you informed" packaged with that deal ?
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Banned
    There indeed always has been an unwritten law about giving out anti-points at Cosmos...

There is one huge problem though: if one really wants to neg someone for his opinion in Cosmos, he/she'd just do a search for posts by that user, and give him/her negs on another forum where antipoints are allowed... it's not as easy as it seems

I'm all in favour of doing something about the problem (I admit there is a problem), but I prefer another solution: make Cosmos invite-only, like it originally was supposed to be. Getting in should be fairly easy, but you'd have to agree to 'sign' something promising you won't give out antipoints or something...

I'd like to try something else though, before we start taking measurements: Cosmos and Antipoints . Maybe there is hope

Re: whey ?

Originally posted here by the_JinX
    thx StreetRunner

and is there an "keep you informed" packaged with that deal ?
    If any change is made to the AntiPoints system everyone will be informed.
    - Runner -

You are probably right about the person that wants to neg will find some other post to neg on.
    I am actually quit sure that has happened a lot.
    However, they will have to take the extra step searching for more post.
    And if someone gets negged for a tech related post that was actually a good post, other members will notice and balance it out.

Thanks for the quick response though. I really like to read the non-tech posts in cosmos cuz it gives me a second or third view on a subject.

Cheers

how about we just kill the antipoints system?