Thread: 2 questions

2 questions

1-How can i get rid of thos annoying popups, specially those of kazaa, 4EVER???

2-i have two pcs running XP sharing a DSL modem. One PC is connected via USB and the other one is connected by the ethernet card.

The question is: is there any way to limit the bandwith of one PC so the other has most or all of the bandwith????

Use kazaalite. www.kazaalite.com No popups, no adware, no spyware.

You could try winroute, I'm not sure if it has bandwidth management, but that's probably a good place to start.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Use Kazza lite like Korpdeath suggested.

As far as the bandwith restriction I've never heard of anything that will limit the bandwith. There might be a way to, but I'm not sure.
    =

for bandwidth limiting you should check out www.bandwidthcontroller.com. It is in early Beta and It is a 30 day trial, ($49.95)

Ive heard both good and bad things about It, but Its the only one I've found for win32 that will actually do the job.
    .sig - There never was a .sig?
    I own a Schneider EuroPC with MS-Dos 3.3 and it works.

I've heard you can stop those popups from wasting your bandwidth and taking time to load by figureing out there ip address then entering it in the host file(located in windows folder).

Don't know about the bandwidth, but if you want to have one pc useing it all then why not just unplug the other?
    Not all those who wander are lost.