Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cosmos and Antipoints

Bahh you are not truly discuessing politics unless you level some personal attacks (hey it works for the polititions) , besides this is a message board what fun would it be with out the occasional falme war
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

lol true, but some comments are uncalled for.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

I don't think a wall of shame is a solution. Now you know who give negs in Cosmos so do what you want but I think we are all adults. If you make a wall of shame I think you are not better than those who puts negs point while we say not to do it.

Originally posted here by bballad
    Bahh you are not truly discuessing politics unless you level some personal attacks (hey it works for the polititions) , besides this is a message board what fun would it be with out the occasional falme war
    Flame wars and personal attacks are okay, so long as they stay on topic (although that is difficult to do I suppose in the heat of an argument!), and aren't too personal.

However, antipoints should be a no-no, expect for those idiots who post loads of spam/nonsense (by that I mean stuff that isn't related to Cosmos, or is just plain stupid). No-one should be penalised for expressing their opinion, no matter how weird/unpopular it may be.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Banned
    im just ignorant... LOL

Nightfalls_Girl

I must concur with not giving out APs in Cosmos. Espicallaly after I was neged from the individual to whom I gave positive AP's. I disagreed with the individual, but believed that the post was thoughtful nonethless, and deserving of some positive APs. Well that won't happen again.

I'm starting to like this Wall of Shame concept. Especially for some of the anal-retentive negs people hand out.

------------------------------
    The mentally disturbed are persecuted here in America, and I say rightfully so!
    These people are NUTS!
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

I LOVE COSMOS!!! I don't want it to be invite only. If it is I may stop using AO entirely. I never hand out AP's in CosMos anyway. It is based on opinion. But what about when someone brings some information and posts it on CosMos. Perhaps some sort of recommendation system would work better? Example: one must send in an E-mail asking to assign another some AP's for good info. (This would only be in CosMos of course.) That way people would not give out a punch of negs or positive points since it would not be anonymous and it would be kind of a hassle. That would limit the AP's to a bare minimum but still allow them to exist.
    \"The wise programmer is told about Tao and follows it. The average programmer is told about Tao and searches for it. The foolish programmer is told about Tao and laughs at it.
    If it were not for laughter, there would be no Tao.\"

excellent, neg.....keep cosmos cool, uncensored, open minded....anti points should not be used here...only retorts and rebuttals

basically cosmos is just an opinion about whats going on in the world i agree how it gets annoying with negative points but if its not "cosmos material" then they should
    P-I-M-P

Cosmos: A forum dealing with philosophy, ethics, morals, laws, logical & methematical problems, etc.
    That pretty much covers everything....

If I wanted to talk about by pet Banded Coral Shrimp it could fall unter "etc." or could turn into an argument on the philisophical or moral implications of keeping reef animals in captivity. Then touch on export laws from ocean areas etc. That what is cool about Cosmos. No one should ever be negged, just the name Cosmos inspires a concept of free speech and open thinking. One can always ignore comments they don't agree with or find offensive.

For the record: my prize Banded Coral Shrimp is tank raised by a research organization.