Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A+

how to past a meeage into this forum.
    can any 1 help!
    regards,
    dotperfect.
    I have no friends nor enemies,ONLY COMPETITORS

my school has a class that I am in that is basied on the A+ exam there is a web site that antoher school made it sucks but it might help
    http://www.wies-hs.eu.odedodea.edu/c...ML/RoadMap.htm

hope that it helps you (ok it wont but its there)

One thing I have to say about the A+ exam is that its really not a measure of how much you know but of how well you can study.

What do you think of ECDL, IC3 and MOUS???

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    What do you think of ECDL, IC3 and MOUS???
    I think my stance would still be that they don't mean that much really, but it could be what separates you from the pack in getting an entry-level position.

I would say they're more for administrative / clerical positions though and don't mean much in the IT field (I don't know much about ECDL though).

I think A+ can really be looked at as a resume stuffer from a career point of view. It wont get you any jobs by itself- but it cant hurt.

That said, A+ is nice to have if you do freelance work just doing housecalls (like i do). People who dont understand computers will trust you a lot more.

A+ is really a pretty easy exam to pass. When I started studyin, I had built a few rigs, but I had not been into computers very long. It only took about 2 months of about an hour a day studyin out of a book to pass it without problem.
    \"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand bianary and those who do not\"

I am A+ cert. It is a Entry Level cert. none the less. The web site that i studied on and is great because my A+ book was no at all compliant with the way the exam was structured.
    Also good for people who are looking to be CCNA, MCSE, Server+,and the new Security+.
    www.braindumpcentral.com

Confucious say: woman standing on head is bound to crack up............
    A+ Certified