Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hacker Challenge Anyone..

Banned
    nice other than that it's extremely slow on the website and you have to use a ping delay to get the server to show up sometimes.

Kwiep
    It's not about what ports are open or if it's DDoS'ed or whatever. A reasonable system can withstand any DDoS, the uplink connection will cut it off till it's max, so no damaga other then just an unreachable host... I understand why people are (if they are) DDoS'ing it, it's a stupid "challange", but a DDoS or whatever DoS won't bring the host down. Only if you have more bandwith hen your network can handle, things might get overheated, but almost all updated software can handle the maximum of bullshit packets it gets.

I still think this box is crackible and I still think noone with the knowledge to do it will bother to do it.
    Double Dutch

No, i think they may be eligible to the only unvulnerable computer on the internet. It's all to their credit, one computer that is not connected... thus it is truly un-hackable !

besides that i'd get the physical location on that pc and get there with a simple bootable disk ... yeap that should do it.

lol
    assembly.... digital dna ?

I think that the machine may be connected, but port 7 could be blocked making it seem to not be connected.

I got the following reply when I port scanned that IP with "iptools"

Address : 62.4.71.36
    Name : 62.4.71.36.not.updated.cdg2.fr.mfnx.net (.NET | Network)
    Ping .... no reply
    Done

The address is behind a firewall according to nmap. Therefore there is no need to scan or ping it because you will continue to get the same response. If you can't get through its firewall then you may be wasting your time, as I did(briefly).

Address : 62.4.71.36
    Name : 62.4.71.36.not.updated.cdg2.fr.mfnx.net (.NET | Network)
    Ping .... no reply
    Done

Kwiep
    Originally posted here by NeuTron
    The address is behind a firewall according to nmap. Therefore there is no need to scan or ping it because you will continue to get the same response. If you can't get through its firewall then you may be wasting your time, as I did(briefly).
    The firewall is mostly used to keep something in or outside the network. You can scan a firewall, but some firewalls drop all wrong packets, so it seems to not exist, because you get no reply. You can scan it with other methods and still get a response though. It would be stupid to say you build a secure system and just not connect it to the net. There are open port according to the scan sweet_angel showed and those are the open ports to the server, I guess. It's a waste of time, but not because it's behind a firewall or something.
    Double Dutch

Finger servers (port 79) are usually shut down, due to high vulnerability.
    I\'m back.

I agree I have tried everything in sub seven and nothing is working it is very strong

and the ping isn't working either