Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hacker Challenge Anyone..

Thumbs down Google search

A simple search on Google for the IP address of the challange gave me this Nessus site and a few other interesting things..... Looks like a waste of time.
    You can\'t squeeze cheese from a goat before it\'s hatched.............

Kwiep

* Neel grabs a bag of instant coffee

Double Dutch

Originally posted here by Tim_axe
    Somebody is probably trying to DDoS the server. If you waited long enough when reading the website (It is very slow for me) you will see a section that asks people not to try and DoS the server...

I did a "ping 62.4.71.36 -w 50000" so that I'd wait 50,000 milliseconds (50 seconds?) for a reply, and I got:

Hopefully that helps. I really wonder what this server is running. Like, is there a web server, etc. If you don't have any services running, etc., how can you do anything to it in the first place? Hopefully it really does have one (among other commonly used functions), so this challenge will have real-live production usage when they release it, and not just be something like Coder Puffin's rocks...

-Tim_axe
    i get this
    Ping statistics for 62.4.71.36:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 1, Lost = 3 (100% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

lob22

True, True!
    Mindpilot

You can tell lot about a person by how they handle these 3 things: Rainy Days, Lost Luggage, and Tangled Christmas tree lights

i found a site that might be useful to anyone trying this . . .

http://mapage.noos.fr/arboi/nessus-sysdoor.html

hope this helps

actually you can get there from here

http://mapage.noos.fr/arboi/sysdoor.html

Re: Google search

Originally posted here by Old Man
    A simple search on Google for the IP address of the challange gave me this Nessus site and a few other interesting things..... Looks like a waste of time.
    http://mapage.noos.fr/arboi/nessus-sysdoor.html
    http://mapage.noos.fr/arboi/sysdoor.html

Did anyone notice this " information" is "old one" (last year) and If you look on my nmap scan (version 3) which is three days ago it's different (they even still used nmap version 2).

I know.. it might be wasted time but if you've got nothing to do and just wanna play around (think in positive way)...this is better then you ask question "How to crack my girlfriend email..or How to hack hotmail password.?, etc..

Cheerss
    Not an image or image does not exist!
    Not an image or image does not exist!

Kwiep
    It is more usefull then hacking hotmail etc, but that was not my porsonal reason for calling it a waste of time...
    I think it's more a waste of time to spit bullshit about firewalls sub7 nessus and whatever and after that comming to a conlusion it's impossible because it get's DoS'ed and blablabla and then calling it a waste of time.
    If you don't know were the hell it is all about, don't go talk like a dumbass or even worse, respond to a dumbass and say he's right... Ow well... now I even start to sound arrogant or something.
    Double Dutch

Originally posted here by NeuTron
    ping won't work because a firewall is blocking port 7(ping).
    Ummmm..... You mention this a couple of times, and though this thread is a couple of days old I felt I should comment on it anyway.

Echo TCP/UDP port 7:
    The Echo service literally *echos back* whatever it is sent, and in the old days it was used rather frequently to determine if a system is up, but this is not what we all think of as an acutal 'Ping' today since the host simply returns whatever you sent to it back. (Note: a very simple DoS can be executed on a UNIX system running both Chargen and Echo by simply causing enough traffic to be sent from one port to the other on the same host). MS Windows/DOS do not have inetd without 3rd party software, and furthermore what functionality below port TCP/UDP 20 does exist in the MS world is only there to provide some degree of conformance to the RFC's, since the use of most of these ports was deprecatecd before most PC users ever heard of the internet.

ICMP - Internet Control Message Protocol:
    ICMP packets are handled by the TCP/IP stack itself [for example, so it can return "host unreachable" to a TCP connect() request if an ICMP packet comes in saying that the host is unreachable]. So the TCP/IP stack also handles ICMP echo requests (pings) itself without the need for inetd (echo TCP/UDP port 7) nor its configuration file.

All (or nearly all) computers will respond to ICMP echo requests. Some firewalls get configured to block these, but other than that, an ICMP echo request is a very reliable type of "ping". Furthermore, if the Firewall *is* configured to block all ICMP then portions of TCP/IP will become degraded or cease to function properly as a direct result.

Apologize for the mini-rant. Just wanted to point out that your box doesn't have to have *any* ports open to send ICMP echo messages to a requesting host.
    Get OpenSolaris http://www.opensolaris.org/

Re: Hacker Challenge Anyone..

Originally posted here by sweet_angel
    ... 128-character key, in the file /root/hacked. If you think ...
    Originally posted here by NeuTron
    ... and discovered that it is a windows box but it ...
    ok, anything seem wrong there? a unix type filesystem on a *windows box*?
    actually, cancel that-
    anything seem wrong here? a *secure* windows box?

can we id the fuking fire wall even people?