MS port MediaPlayer to Linux

Thread: MS port MediaPlayer to Linux

MS port MediaPlayer to Linux

"The version of Windows Media Player you get from an initial installation is not the full product," he said.

"If you register the player online, which involves answering some very personal questions and effectively allowing Microsoft a good look at your PC, then you get the full version. Otherwise you're left with a cut down version.

"If they applied this tactic to Linux users, imagine the information they could get their hands on."
    Mike Davis, Bulter Group -
    these articles claim microsoft finally "recognises" linux. but why would anyone who switched from windows to linux want to use a microsoft media player? or will it be marketed as "LinDVD" InterVideos linux version of WinDVD - supposed to be released by Q1 2001.
    linux users can't download the port of WMP yet? it will only be available to ``manufacturers for integration into their products' ' or it will be amongst other things, put onto DVD's as the default player for linux, when hollywood "recognises" linux. also, ms will make more money. what other manufacturers could take this up?

i think it will be interesting to note who takes responsibility for keeping the WMP port patched - alot of people enjoy finding flaws in microsoft products, so if there is one there, it will be found.
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

That reminds me of XPde ...

The question is WHY!!!!????

I don't understand it...

Its only for embeded systems. An area that Microsoft doesn't have a large market in.
    Its not like your PC running linux will (legaly) be able to run Windows Media Play even if you wanted too.
    to port its Windows Media technology to Linux for use in consumer electronics such as set-top boxes and personal video recorders.