Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having IE Problems

Having IE Problems

I have seemed to run into a problem. IE will not allow me to view any .jpg or other image files while online. I have rebooted and gone through some simple steps to try to fix this problem, but I cannot seem to get any image files to be viewed on screen. Any ideas?

maybe the "show pictures" checkbox in Tools>Internet Options>[Advanced Tab] was unchecked?
    i will shoot you so hard.

No, all of that is good. I have checked in that area Tools>Internet Options>Advanced and nothing has changed from the settings. I went so far as to go back to the default settings and still no dice.

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    Well,

I didn't know what windows your on , nor which version of explorer,
    so look if you can find you're solution:here
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

yep .. i got some problem either with IE, thats why i changed it. Why don't you try Opera or Netscape ?
    i love those Browser.

which version of Ie arew you using

then netscape is better, anyway, tell your problem soomewhat more clear

I think, may be the firewall you had used may have set to block slow graphics(I mean graphics which take lot of time to load), if hat is the case, increase the blocking time and you may find the change.

if u have a firewall running, it can sometimes block pictures from loading. If u have a firewall, disable it b4 going to a site where the pics wont load !

Netscape bites. I use Avant Browser. http://www.avantbrowser.com/ It maintains all the functionality of Microsoft's IE, but it has several additional features, including a built-in popup stopper, simple keyboard controls and multi-window browsing. I've found the multi-window thing is peticularly useful for builiding websites. In addition to that it carries over the IE favorites folder, so you don't have to transfer your favorites.

If you keep having problems with IE, I'd strongly suggest switching over.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of hackers, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    I am what I am and I do what I can.

Windows XP Home edition, and the IE is the most recent one out there. I have a Dell Dimensions 8250 and Dell has not been able to help, neither has Microsoft websites. Right now, if I go to http://www.google.com and do an image search for anything at all, I will get no pictures at all. Same thing applies for most websites. I can get Flash images and things like that but no steady images.

Try using another browser to see if it's just IE. If the same problem happens in that browser then think back to any recent changes you've made to your system. You could try System Restore if you have a point saved from a while back. Just try and retrace your steps.

Good luck.