Help on Algorithmic Diagnostic Methods

Thread: Help on Algorithmic Diagnostic Methods

Exclamation Help!!!!!

Hi all how are you.!!!

I am currently doing an assignment on Running a Computer Help Desk. One of the questions is

~ Discuss Algorithmic Diagnostic Methods ~

This i what i need help on.

Does this mean Flow Charts and the such if so does anyone know where i can find a good example of one that deals with Software.

Thank You Very Much

Damien Harrison
    [pong][gloworange]665[/gloworange] Next door to the [glowpurple]devil[/glowpurple][/pong]

Algorithmic Diagnostic methods:

to me, the key word is algorithmic, this means that you have a pattern of doing things.

so for your type of help desk, the windows troubleshooters are good help. because it asks you questions in a particular order to try and narrow the problem down. this is algorithmic because they are not random questions, they are structured.

hope my definition helped
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

1) The only direct references to "algorithmic diagnostic methods" on google were gastro-intestinal sites that said, basically, "Algorithmic diagnostic methods guide an examiner through the examination process informing him about necessary application of stimulating/blocking medicaments or provoking actions. "
    2) That tells me basically they're saying, discuss methodical diagnosis (i.e. I'm tier 2 or 3 support and I've given the front-line helpdesk folks a list of questions to ask in order to help diagnose the problem.)
    3) Is this a term your teacher used in class? Maybe they should try using industry standard terminology! :-) (I hate academic sorts of folks.)
    4) #665 would be across the street from the devil, not next door! :-P (At least, thats how it works in America.)

Thank you both very much both comments are really helpful to me. I really love academic wording that colleges use. (NOT)

I searched google and for it but i got a load of stuff that just confused me.

Once again thank you both

sodaphish in the UK there is no set standered sometimes its over the road sometimes its next door and on most streets there is no number 13!
    [pong][gloworange]665[/gloworange] Next door to the [glowpurple]devil[/glowpurple][/pong]