Thread: Virgenedecryption

Virgenedecryption

hmpf, I found a hackit (http://www.root-shell-club.com/page/...t4/hackit4.htm), that use the virgenedecryption.

The Problem is, in the crypted text are not only the letters ABCDEFG.....XYZ, there are some ä, ü and ö (special letters in german)

Are existing other Virgenequadrats?

PS: how are the special letters displayed?

The Iceman Cometh
    The "special letters" are just ASCII characters. Do some research online and you can learn all about ASCII.

Oh, and by the way, you may want to read the FAQ to figure out what this site is all about... It'll keep you from getting negged to death for talking or asking about things which many of the people here don't condone.

AJ

Banned
    If your a windows user there should a program called character map which usually comes with windows. It basicly lets you cut and paste characters or "letters" that your keyboad doesn't always offer.

It should be located at start, programs, accessories, then go to system tools and it should be right around there.

There are also language packs you can install which allow you to write/view other things.

Not just aschii, thats only english, you need to use unicode. Unicode is the is the standard 16-bit character system that contains all the characters for most of the major languages and a whole ton of special characters. This would be important if there were alot of characters from various languges and special characters but since this only german its probably not a mathematically based cypto and so the unicode value of the characters is probably insignificant. You could most likely use some sort of german character replacement to crack without out even knowing anything about german. My guess its some type of block cipher or even somthing as simple as a caeser cipher.

no, I am from Germany and thats an german site. They also say: "To know the virgene-quadrat will be helpful".

The text to decrypt consist of normal letters (A, B, C, .... , Z) and the ä, ö and ü.

My Question was exist other quadrats (for example "XRTUGHJIK....." instead of "ABCDEFGH..."

And I know what ASCII is.....