Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ZoneAlarm Quitting at Night

Originally posted here by Shakira
    Recently I found a MPEG file that I did not remember downloading from Kazaa. I tried to delete it but whenever I put my mouse on the file the Debugging message with hexadecimal numbers appear. This file could not be deleted until I selected all files in the Kazaa folder & delete all of them.

Later, my Zone Alarm keep on bugging me with this messages whenever I am online.

"The firewall has blocked access to your computer[TCP Port 1111} from 193.169.2.111 (TCP Port 3426) (TCP Flags: S). "

The port number always changed. Whenever I clicked for More Info, Zone Alarm will tell me that my PC is safe. Is someone trying to hack me or have I been hacked?

Thank you for answering my question.
    Sounds like you have a zombi process yelling out to the world here I am, luckely it looks like you are blocking the return, run an antivirus or trojan cleaning program...A not people Kazaa isnt safe, you got this form a file on kazaa, probably an exe mascerading as a MPEG (it probably had an Icon that loked like the MPEG Icon, and was blah.MPEG.EXE windows will only show the first .*** unless you force it to act difrently.

U r right. It is .exe file. What shall I do now? Reformat my HD ?

no need to reformat...restart in command prompt only attrib the file so that its not a system or read only or anything and then delete it. I would also sugest a trojan cleaner or an anti virus even if you only grab a trial version...it should clean it
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

I have deleted it. It is still in my Recycle bin. Will it do any harm?

Empty your Recycle bin.

Cheers:
    DjM

Probably not but I would empty the bin to make sure. Still go get an antivirus, there may be more infected files, if this was just a deilvery method it may have spread to other paces on your system
    this is a link for fprot, its a good av.
    http://www.datafellows.com/download-purchase/list.shtml

IKnowNot and tonybradley - The article mentioning Zone Alarm was in the February issue of the Computer Bits magazine, entitled "Fighting Identity Theft" by Tom Bair (http://www.computerbits.com/archive/...titytheft.html) Mr. Bair stated of Zone Alarm, "(Be aware that this firewall contains pop-up banner ads)."
    IKnowNot - Yes there is a free version of Tiny Personal Firewall (4.5) which can be downloaded from their site (www.tinysoftware.com). Just fill in your name with a valid email address (for updates) and you're all set. You may want to check out Sygate Personal Firewall (Version 5.0 build 1175) which is free for personal and home use too. I know quite a few people who swear by it and and read some good reviews about it here at AO.
    V.
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I use to run Zone alarm ran into that problem also....if I may make a suggestion try Kerio firewall 2.14 freeware. Very low in memory consumption......easy to use and rock solid proctions. Here is their web site for your review hope this helps.
    http://www.kerio.com/kpf_home.html