Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This sums it up....

This sums it up....

I have no idea where this came from but it's brilliant. Simply put I'll excercise my first amendment rights.

Listen up, hollywood bleeding hearts!

Enjoy, all.

P.S. You'll need a powerpoint viewer for this.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Banned
    That must be the nicest brainless crap propaganda I've ever seen! Thank you! You immediately converted me to your 'Here's a strong pic... no more talking...just a pic'-mentality! That 'presentation' is soooo... soooo... totally... you, KorpDeath. I bet you'll score with that amongst your allies... coalition...whatever.
    Is this part of the 'Rebuilding America's Defences: Strategies, Forces and Resources for a New Century'-report?

I wonder why they didn't put Ali Comicali in that 'presentation'... if someone deserves to be on there, it must be him. Ali Comicali for president!

So I take it you liked it?

Oh you're such the defender of the free world, Negative.

Oh, I forgot your hero Michael Moore is in there. Wow, you can bad mouth people with the best of them but when the tables are turned.... you cry "No fair, I'm taking my ball and going home!!" People who live in glass crack houses shouldn't throw stones.

It's funny how easy it is to get a rise out of you. Especially when it comes to something you (or your country) have no involvment in.

peace

P.S. Who's doing the insulting now?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Banned
    If, as you claim, I'm not involved in this, then wouldn't it sound reasonable that I'm only after the truth, no matter who is right?
    Can't blame you for not knowing that Belgium is involved into this way over our heads (you could blame us for everything you've blamed France for, and even more...Rumsfeld is REALLY pissed at Belgium, you know And so is Sharon... he doesn't like our new law that is going to prosecute him after his president-ship for his share in the Shabrah & Shatillah murders. Bush also falls under that law. As soon as he ain't diplomatically invulnerable anymore, we'll start a trial against him. He's PISSED, I can assure you.).

Belgium is a small country (as you've pointed out already ). With only 10 million Belgians, it would be stupid to choose for the military approach. So, the only reasonable approach for Belgium was to follow all rules. All UN-rules, all NATO-rules, all rules of International Law. If we wouldn't do that, we'd get our asses kicked - literally.
    And that's exactly what we did: we played by the rules. If the US decide to launch a pre-emptive attack on another country, we act as the rules tell us to - in this case: condemn the action and refuse military support. Nobody can blame us for not having followed those rules.

And yes, I've heard different interpretations of those rules. I've even heard people claim those rules don't even exist. And that, Korp, is what frightens me. What if the US decide tomorrow that Belgian brewer Interbrew broke a monopoly-rule, and decide to launch a pre-emptive attack? Having the strongest military in human history doesn't necesseraly mean you're always right, you know... Those rules are the only protection for countries not as strong as the US.

I think we should have a Political humour column.... because this would definately fall under humour..... Thanks for making me smile KD.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Neg Old Chap......

Just a teeny reminder....... You might be a citizen of a tiny little country but you appear to have forgotten that your tiny little country is a member of a more powerful alliance than any in the world. NATO...... Remember them...... That is the alliance that states quite clearly that an attack on _any_ is an attack on all......

Thus, you really don't need to worry about getting your asses kicked if you don't follow the "legal" measures dictated by the UN....... If anyone picks on you then the Brits and the Americans, amongst others, would be right there to help you out.

Of course you do need to remember that you live real close to those nasty French who never became part of NATO, (chickens probably), but you don't need to worry about them. Only half of them ever go to war and that's when the Germans are sipping coffee in Paris. Now, bearing in mind that the half that do go to war actually side with the germans and the germans appear to have given up on war since they have now lost two world wars and a world cup too it seems to me that you should be pretty safe from the french.

(Dripping with evil humor and sarcasm......... But I couldn't resist it....... )
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Your reactions are very virulent and I find that all that does not deserve such vehemences. Can't we speak, have an exchange of idea without insult ?
    If we take that with the first degrees it is clear that that resembles propaganda, but if one takes that with the second degrees it is right humour. The problem it is that, as specified, we do not know the sources.
    In a politic debate, there is neither winner, nor loser. Each one forms an opinion.

So, the only reasonable approach for Belgium was to follow all rules. All UN-rules, all NATO-rules, all rules of International Law. If we wouldn't do that, we'd get our asses kicked - literally.
    And that's exactly what we did: we played by the rules. If the US decide to launch a pre-emptive attack on another country, we act as the rules tell us to - in this case: condemn the action and refuse military support. Nobody can blame us for not having followed those rules.

The same U.N that has no crediblity anymore right.... The same U.N that failed to prevent genocide in Bosnia, Rwanda, Yugo-Slavia and Kosovo... Now the organization is only good for handing out food!

The United Nations is a JOKE!

Ghostdog, did you notice at the end of Tigersharks post the line

(Dripping with evil humor and sarcasm......... But I couldn't resist it....... )
    I'm sure you know as well as I do about the long standing love-hate relationship between the English and the French. I hope you also know that the British are renowed for taking the piss(amongst other less salubrious things). You're right in a political debate there is rarely a winner... why do you think the Brits like taking the piss out of politics... ? Chill a bit..

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Banned
    The same U.N that has no crediblity anymore right.... The same U.N that failed to prevent genocide in Bosnia, Rwanda, Yugo-Slavia and Kosovo... Now the organization is only good for handing out food!

The United Nations is a JOKE!
    "WE THE PEOPLES OF THE UNITED NATIONS DETERMINED
    to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war, which twice in our lifetime has brought untold sorrow to mankind, and to reaffirm faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person, in the equal rights of men and women and of nations large and small, and to establish conditions under which justice and respect for the obligations arising from treaties and other sources of international law can be maintained, and
    to promote social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom,..."

Oh, thanks for your consideration, Tiger Shark... we beat Julius Caesar, we beat the French, we drowned the Germans, so I'm sure we'll be fine (although that was resp. 2100, 260 and 80 years ago, but hey...). Not to mention there are about half a million Belgian horses in the possession of the Amish in the US, so I'm sure they'd revolt if the US started to pick on us... if the Amish would know about it, that is.