Thread: problem with partitioning

problem with partitioning

i'm not sure what is wrong with fdisk but it doesn't seem to work on my hard drive. Whenever I insert my floppy disk then A:fdisk, it takes me to fdisk choices whether i wanna create partition, delete partition but as soon as I picked any of those fdisk choices. It just sits there doing nothing then when I try to click on ESC to try another option, it then freezes. Does anyone know of any other way to delete partition other than fdisk? Thanks!

*my english is bad and it's already 5 a.m here. Not sure if my english is understandable..If not then please tell me so I can rephrase it*

Well according to me fdisk is a very good option to create and delete a partition but still u try creating your bootable once again and use it coz i suppose there is some problem with the fdisk .. may be its not working through that floopy ..
    format the floopy and recopy all the system files on it and try again.. lets see if it works.

intruder
    A laptop, internet connection and beer.

I made another copy of fdisk and I even removed my hdd and tried to fdisk it on my other box and still not working. It takes me to fdisk options like creating, active, deleting, viewing but as soon as i pick any of those options. It just sits there doing nothing. *sigh* I'll try another method and if fdisk still didn't work then i'm gonna have to burn this box lol.

*thanks for the reply*

doing nothing? are you sure it isnt working? give it at least half hour before clicking 'esc'.

remember, patience is a virtue.

i got it to work.. What I did was re-installed freebsd then fdisk after... I think i know where i made a mistake but it's fixed now.. thanks