New Contest

Thread: New Contest

er0k

New Contest

Is it just me, or does this contest sound uberly lame? O know not an AO t-shirt and a $50.00 gift certificate, what kind of recognition is that when they expect you to work for a month on it? I mean, JM has loads of employees and all that jazz, youd think they would just pay someone for this. For another, this contest is just a publicity stunt. I for one am boycotting it just because of the fact that they are patronizing their members. If JP ever did a contest like this, it would be just for fun or whatever. This one however, is for their own benefit only. I say you either up the stakes JM or make your own graphics.
    Share on Google+

i couldnt agree more. i would understand if some people did it if there was a better prize, but this is just ludicrous.
    Share on Google+

It appears a number of people on AO have been underwhelmed by the "prize". But offering a prize that is dissproportionatly small to the amount of work required to win seems to be a trend with many orgaisations.
    Share on Google+

Is it just me, or does this contest sound uberly lame? O know not an AO t-shirt and a $50.00 gift certificate, what kind of recognition is that when they expect you to work for a month on it? I mean, JM has loads of employees and all that jazz, youd think they would just pay someone for this. For another, this contest is just a publicity stunt. I for one am boycotting it just because of the fact that they are patronizing their members. If JP ever did a contest like this, it would be just for fun or whatever. This one however, is for their own benefit only. I say you either up the stakes JM or make your own graphics.
    Umm i dont think they expect you to work for a month on it a month is the deadline and since every one was bitching about the logo their graphical designers came up with the offered it to the community to come up with something better and they didnt even need to offer a prize but they did. How stubborn and ungratefull are all of you just because JP sold the site it doesent make it diffrent it's still AO but under new management you all need to untie your selfs from JP's apron strings and get on with it if you dont like AO no one forces you to be here do they ? any one need help pulling there head out there ass ?

i couldnt agree more. i would understand if some people did it if there was a better prize, but this is just ludicrous.
    who are you, you have only signed up this month and i find you very rude towards the owners please chill a little

It appears a number of people on AO have been underwhelmed by the "prize". But offering a prize that is dissproportionatly small to the amount of work required to win seems to be a trend with many orgaisations.
    as i said they didnt even need to offer a prize every one was bitching about the current logo and there simply asking if any one can do any better and them offering a prize to the winner is a + i would say

all in all quit your bitching about the new managment as i said no one forces you to be here
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/
    Share on Google+

Banned
    When JP introduced his new layout and colours, a lot of people were whining about 'that icky yellow and purple! It hurts my eyes!'. When JUPM introduced their new logo and colours, a lot of people were whining about 'that stupid logo my 4-year old kid could have made', and those same people were soooo nostalgic about JP's colours and layout.

The day one of the members will win the contest and gets the honour of seeing his logo above the site of a huge community, people will whine and say they could've done better. Some might even get nostalgic about the current JUPM-logo...

How is this 'for their own benefit only'? Will the site generate more traffic with a 'cooler' logo? If that'd be the case, the internet has become a sad place.

This is not a professional contest. This is an attempt to involve the community.

Now start firing up your graphics-skills. Put your money where your mouth is.

I WANNA SEE LOGOS! LOTS OF THEM! ALL KINDS OF THEM!
    Share on Google+

Originally posted here by prodikal

Originally posted here by Jupes
    as i said they didnt even need to offer a prize every one was bitching about the current logo and there simply asking if any one can do any better and them offering a prize to the winner is a + i would say

all in all quit your bitching about the new managment as i said no one forces you to be here
    Your right. Nobody forces us to be here and the management didn't need to offer any prize at all. I was merely commenting on an observation of mine that many companies are offering smaller prizes than I remember years ago as a kid (not talking about Jupiter Media). Of course anything for "free" is a bonus, I just remember as a little kid some cracking prizes for drawing contests, but then maybe my perspective was a little different when I was an 8yr old!

I did mention other people's dissapointment which was reflected in the posts of er0k and Nadir in this thread and a few other people around the site. Maybe we would all be better off looking at the world in wonderment through the less cynical eyes of a child
    Share on Google+

Share on Google+