Thread: mIRC?

Unhappy mIRC?

Hello AO'ers. Got yet another question. Im using mIRC and It connected early in the day, but when I tried later "connection timed out" , or "error 10061". Im trying to re-connect, yes I am also new to mIRC. Ummmm, default port is set to 6667. Any IRC fiends out there if u could help me with some troubleshoot ideas i would appreciate it much.

[10061] Connection refused Error

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the foreign host.

Either you went to the wrong host, or the server application you're trying to contact isn't executing. Check the destination address you are using. If you used a hostname, did it resolve to the correct address? If the hostname resolution uses a local hosttable, it's possible you resolved to an old obsolete address. It's also possible that the local services file has an incorrect port number (although it's unlikely).

You can verify that the remote system is rejecting your connection attempt by checking the network statistics locally. Check that your network system (WinSock implementation) has a utility that shows network statistics. You could use this to verify that you're receiving TCP resets or ICMP Port Unreachable packets each time you attempt to connect.

This is one of the most frequent errors and one of the best to encounter, since it's one of the least ambiguous. There are only a few possible causes for this error:

You tried to connect to the wrong port. This is a common problem.

You tried to connect to the wrong destination host address.

The server application isn't running on the destination host.

The server application isn't listening on the right port.

Source
    Mafia = Organized Crime
    Government = Unorganized Crime