I found an interesting article about Novell this morning over on the Registers website. It talks about Novell embracing opensource, and even releasing some of it's code to opensource to attract developers.

What I found interesting was this part:

At BrainShare, Novell announced it is releasing the source code for its Novell Nsure UDDI Server to the open source community. This technology designed to make Web services registries more secure and easier to manage by adding identity management capabilities to the Universal Description, Discovery and Integration (UDDI) standard. UDDI can be thought of as a Yellow Pages (business directory) for the Web.

Anyone familiar with UDDI? I've only heard basics about it, but it could wind up being pretty cool.

If you are interested in the article it can be found here.

I think it's good to see Novell trying to do new things, and expand their market some. I grew up with Novell as the only alternative to Unix in the Networking world... before MS really entered in to the market. Ahhh, the days of Novell 2.0, and peer-to-peer MS networks like Lantasitc.... did I just date myself?