Thread: WatchGuard SOHO Firewall

WatchGuard SOHO Firewall

I recently joined this company, knowing that the network administrator had already left and is absolutly un-contactable. He did not leave any documentation regarding the network.

We are using a WatchGuard SOHO firewall. I don't know what firmware level or any of the settings. There is no handy backup of the config file. I cannot even find the original manual to the device, which may have had the username or password jotted down in it.

I have a list of diffrent usernames and passwords that are used and have tried all combinations that any normal person would try, and more.

I know how to do a full factory reset, but would like the opportunity to save a config of the firewall before I do so as there are many services running on the network that I don't yet know about, though am finding more details evry day.

I was wondering if anybody here has any history with a SOHO (I don't think it is running VPN or WebBlocker) who knows:

1:\ If there is a default username and password, this would be worth trying.
    2:\ If there is a way of resetting just the username/password or cracking the username/password.
    3:\ If there is a way to get a working copy of the configs backed up, before a factory reset.
    4:\ If the settings within the firewall are too easy to configure to bother with any of this, just get on, reset it and configure it as the logs for blocked requests mount up.

I would very much appreciate any (non troll/flame) replies/ideas regarding my predicament, as this is not the only little problem I have to deal with.

Thanks
    LilNick

Re: WatchGuard SOHO Firewall

For support

https://support.watchguard.com/suppo...T_URL=15889190

Brochures and Datasheets
    Printable versions of product brochures, FAQs and technical specifications are available here. No log in is required.

http://www.watchguard.com/infocenter/brochures.asp
    i m gone,thx everyone for so much fun and good info.
    cheers and good bye