networking 2 laptops using ME and 2000

Thread: networking 2 laptops using ME and 2000

Exclamation networking 2 laptops using ME and 2000

hi there to all tech savvies!

i am trying to network 2 laptops using windows me and windows 2000 operating systems. both has nic card installed already and i am trying to connect them using a crossover patch cable.

my question is how do i make the two communicate with each other?

more power to you all...

By patch cable, do you mean crossover cable?
    RedTheFed

\"If you can\'t make it good, make it look good.\" - Bill Gates

Banned
    [color=#0000ff]If i'm not mistaken I think they run compleatly diffrent file systems and they both have to be either FAT-32 or NTFS or they will not be compatible and if at all posible run 98 or XP instead of ME because of many security problems, crashes, and over all slowness.

crossover cable and not cross patch cable

you are right redthefed, what i meant was crossover cable instead of just cross patch cable.

and regarding your suggestion zigzag, my problems is that my laptop which is a compaq presario 14xl345 was designed to run windows me. i know i can install a different os but i just can't yet. i first need to back up some of the files first(and that's the reason why i want to network it to another laptop) because the hard drive needs to be replaced soon.

i know someone out there has the solution to my problem...and that's why i will wait some more.