Thread: pop-up

Banned

pop-up

Im using AOL.... and when im online ...like 140 pop-up messeges in 4 hours are coming up...the title reads ... Messenger Service...how can i remove it ...stop it...its really annoying........

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=236811

Just stop the service called messenger or block port 139.
    .sig - There never was a .sig?
    I own a Schneider EuroPC with MS-Dos 3.3 and it works.

your getting that as well? **** i have been getting it on my PC and just installed AIM today though i was getting that **** for like a couple of weeks before hand. Did adware removal and still happened and did a virus scan with nortan and still i just got one. I do hope someone is able to help here...Oh and i am using windows Xp and a dsl connection.

Banned
    as i read in the thread go to command prompt and type in net stop messenger ....but u hve to do it every time ur computer boots

as i read in the thread go to command prompt and type in net stop messenger ....but u hve to do it every time ur computer boots
    You don't have to do it everytime your computer boots... you can disable it permanately... or until you wish to turn it back on.

start --> settings --> control panel --> admin tools --> services -->

find the messenger service. Right click --> properties --> change it to disabled.

Thats all there is to it.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Banned
    better ... tx phishphreek80

If you want a quick way to change these annoying WinXP defaults, then try http://www.xp-antispy.de (only 64K)
    Don't worry about the fact it is German - it's freeware, the help is in English, and it works.
    It has a nice friendly GUI, and covers the two points you have mentioned, plus a few more ..

Banned
    i speak german ... tx darkes