Thread: problem installing freebsd

Unhappy problem installing freebsd

hi everyone,
    I don't understand why I keep getting the message "No Disks Found! Please verify that your disk controller is being probed at boot time. See the hardware guide on the documentation menu for clues on diagnosing this type of problem." I had installed Freebsd before on the same motherboard but different a harddrive and never got this problem. I can install it on my 20 gigs harddrive with no problem at all but i keep getting "no disk found" on my 40 gigs hdd.
    If you have any suggestion or any ideas..please feel free to respond. For the mean time I will try to solve and keep searching google for answer. thanks

Banned
    what version of FreeBSD is it ?

The first time I installed freebsd was on my 20 gigs hdd version 4.7 . After buying a 40 gigs hdd I tried installing version 5.0 and i keep getting "no disk found" so what I did was burned 4.7 again and tried installing but still gettin "no disk found". I don't know what could be wrong because the only thing I changed on my box was my hdd. Any help would be appreciated.

you might have some drivers clashing from when you first install, you always have drivers clashing at first install ass youll see on the site ill provide, when you install, you have to say yes i want to configure the kernel or whatever, anyway heres the site, itll go threw step by step threw the install.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO...k/install.html

id have this page load and boot from Free BSDs discs, then click next and follow the install exactly , that will save you alot of trouble.

Banned
    you might want to check this site out...its all about installing 5.0 and u can report problem there...

http://people.freebsd.org/~bmah/reln...SE/readme.html

The problem with freebsd 5.0 is it never ask me if i want to configure the kernel. It goes straight to installing but as soon as I hit recommended install. It just says that "no disk found". With freebsd 4.7 I could configure kernel with visual mode but when installing starts. I always end up with no disk found. I will try to boot 5.0 and 4.7 on my 20 gig hdd and see if I still get the same message. Thanks for the reply

Banned
    maybe ur new hardware doesnt support FreeBSD 5.0

Supported Hardware here

http://jamesthornton.com/freebsd/5.0...e-sparc64.html

hope that helps

That link is for sparc. Thanks for the help. I will just search the net and try to solve this problem myself.