Thread: Is Syria Next!

Is Syria Next!

As most of you know my President in his State of the Union address labeled Iran, Iraq and North Korea as an axis of evil.

Our second goal is to prevent regimes that sponsor terror from threatening America or our friends and allies with weapons of mass destruction. Some of these regimes have been pretty quiet since September the 11th. But we know their true nature. North Korea is a regime arming with missiles and weapons of mass destruction, while starving its citizens.

Iran aggressively pursues these weapons and exports terror, while an unelected few repress the Iranian people's hope for freedom.

Iraq continues to flaunt its hostility toward America and to support terror. The Iraqi regime has plotted to develop anthrax, and nerve gas, and nuclear weapons for over a decade. This is a regime that has already used poison gas to murder thousands of its own citizens -- leaving the bodies of mothers huddled over their dead children. This is a regime that agreed to international inspections -- then kicked out the inspectors. This is a regime that has something to hide from the civilized world.

States like these, and their terrorist allies, constitute an axis of evil, arming to threaten the peace of the world. By seeking weapons of mass destruction, these regimes pose a grave and growing danger. They could provide these arms to terrorists, giving them the means to match their hatred. They could attack our allies or attempt to blackmail the United States. In any of these cases, the price of indifference would be catastrophic.
    Something is strangely missing here. Why isnt Syria on this list? You could be blind and see the overwhelming evidence stacked against Syria when terrorism is concerned, Syria is bastion of terror!

Syria continued to provide safehaven and support to several terrorist groups, some of which maintained training camps or other facilities on Syrian territory. Ahmad Jibril's Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command (PFLP-GC), the Palestine Islamic Jihad (PIJ), Abu Musa's Fatah-the-Intifada, and George Habash's Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) maintained their headquarters in Damascus. The Syrian Government allowed HAMAS to open a new main office in Damascus in March, although the arrangement may be temporary while HAMAS continues to seek permission to reestablish its headquarters in Jordan. In addition, Syria granted a variety of terrorist groups--including HAMAS, the PFLP-GC, and the PIJ--basing privileges or refuge in areas of Lebanon's Bekaa Valley under Syrian control. Damascus generally upheld its agreement with Ankara not to support the Kurdish PKK, however.
    source: http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/pgtrpt/2000/2441.htm

What are your thoughts on why Syria is mysteriously missing from the axis of evil list? If anyone deserved to be on the axis of evil list it has to be Syria, they make no effort to hide their connection to terrorism!

Afterall, Hezbollah whom Syria also supports and gives haven to, had more american blood on their hands than any other terrorist group before 9/11.

Hezbollah
    Dedicated to the creation of Iranian-style Islamic republic in Lebanon and removal of all non-Islamic influences from the area. Strongly anti-Western and anti-Israeli. Closely allied with and often directed by Iran; may have conducted operations that were not approved by Tehran.
    Activities: Numerous anti-U.S. terrorist attacks, including the suicide truck-bombing of the U.S. embassy and U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut in Oct. 1983 and the US embassy Annex in Beirut in Sept. 1984. Hijacked a plane en route from Athens to Rome in Sept. 1984, killing an American soldier. Hezbollah members Imad Fayez Mugniyah, Hassan Izz-Al-Din, and Ali Atwa were indicted for the crime in the U.S and were placed on the FBI's Most Wanted Terrorists list on Oct. 10, 2001. Attack on Israeli embassy in Argentina in 1992.
    Support: Substantial amounts of financial, training, weapons, explosives, political, diplomatic, and organizational aid from Iran and Syria.
    source: http://www.infoplease.com/spot/terro...html#hizballah

I think Syria is missing from this list because if my country had mentioned them, it would have been seen as an Israeli-American alliance against Arabs. And if this is the case then shame on us for caring what other's think about our alliance with Israel!
    [Just my opinion here aside from the facts reguarding Israel: We suffer together and we will triumph together! And that goes for all others who fight for freedom and democracy]

Here are some other interesting facts about Syria
    http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...k/geos/sy.html

If USA want to destroy all the countries who have mass destruction weapon, France and Russia are on the list since they have Nuclear bomb !

Most of the terrorists of September 11 are from saudi arabia thus why Bush does not invade this country? Don't you think that this is a paradox that to have peace Bush does the war?

If USA want to destroy all the countries who have mass destruction weapon, France and Russia are on the list since they have Nuclear bomb !

Most of the terrorists of September 11 are from saudi arabia thus why Bush does not invade this country? Don't you think that this is a paradox that to have peace Bush does the war?
    I couldnt agree more except on the whole "to have peace Bush does the war?" part. I am probably one of the staunchest conservatives amongst my fellow countrymen and that is the thing that is pissing me off most. Why are we overlooking Saudi Arabia? Thats a teriffic point Ghostdog. There is mounting evidence that suggest's Saudia Arabia is involved in money transfer's to various terror networks(mainly palestinian organizations). Obviously France is a democracy and is not in the same category with terrorist nations. If you will look closer at the policy of my government on these issues you will find that it's not solely about the weapons of mass destruction, but the terrorist nations that might be possesing them, as well as those nations that are proliferators of such weapons as with the North Koreans. These are the nations that present the true threat. You can't negotiate with a madman and terrorist are certainly madmen.

And i never suggested we go to war with Syria, i believe in exhausting all diplomatic efforts and other methods before a war, as well as substantial agreement with other credible nations and or organizations if possible.

I think that you make a good point on how Syria is getting left out. Syria should definitley be on the list, although I think its wierd that Bush is calling them an axis of evil. They aren't really an axis of evil unless they are all working together. Right now Iraq has been completley neutralized anyways and can't really cause any more trouble in other parts of the war until it can get its government back together anyways. Also once the government is back together I doubt it will do much of anything to the other countries because it will most likely be local tribes governing.

Actually i don't like to talk about war .. i never respect any war even for any reason which cause the war happened. Everything could be shuttle up by disscus, or perhaps ( i do not talk about Bush or Saddam or else ) the country leader must known deeper about other country , so miss understanding, or even conflict between each country will not happend .. but that's only a dream .. who can controll the leader ? .. no one .. only his / her self ... enought for me to see childs lose his parents, houses, materials, and stuff . So the point is i hate war for any reason.

When I lay me down to sleep, Pray the LORD my soul to keep.
    If I die before i wake, Pray the LORD my soul to take.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=389

I couldnt agree more except on the whole "to have peace Bush does the war?" part. I am probably one of the staunchest conservatives amongst my fellow countrymen and that is the thing that is pissing me off most. Why are we overlooking Saudi Arabia? Thats a teriffic point Ghostdog. There is mounting evidence that suggest's Saudia Arabia is involved in money transfer's to various terror networks(mainly palestinian organizations).
    Too right dublix. I mean, Saudi Arabia:

-is a monarchy
    -has the Koran and the Sunna of Prophet Muhammad as its constitution
    -does not allow political parties to be established
    -suppresses opposition views
    -has a consistently poor human rights record
    -adheres to a strictly conservative form of Islam.

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/hrrpt/2001/nea/8296.htm

I imagine some people would be having a terrible time in that country. On top of all that, as you said, it looks like they support terrorist groups. Well bugger me, if I was the US, I'd have Saudi Arabia up there on my list of nations that need to be 'liberated'. Go Democracy!

Except, along with strategic importance, there are various reasons for the US to maintain its alliance with Saudi Arabia.

http://www.mideastinsight.org/05_02/saudi.html

Seems that 'liberation' isn't so important when there's nothing in it for the US.

Except, along with strategic importance, there are various reasons for the US to maintain its alliance with Saudi Arabia.

http://www.mideastinsight.org/05_02/saudi.html

Seems that 'liberation' isn't so important when there's nothing in it for the US.

Yes, we need to switch to those hybrid cars, in the meantime we should look into heading north to ANWR.

http://arcticcircle.uconn.edu/ANWR/anwroilhistory.html
    http://www.toledopar.org/ANWR.htm

ANWR is probably worthy of an entire thread though, cause it's like the "abortion" of environmental debates in my country.

Originally posted here by Ghostdog

bush doesn’t want to attack countries that have true weapons of mass destruction, he wants to attack countries that may have no conventional (chemical and biological) weapons that he knows we can beat. This allows him to keep his approval rating up (and he hopes win the next election) while claming he’s stopping the proliferation of WMD (only nuclear weapons and perhaps fuel air fall into this category).

Note to Syria and Iran, by hook or by crook get Nukes or your next.

Your right! Syria is to terror what blood is to the body!! lol