any way to use cicso LEAP on non cisco card

Thread: any way to use cicso LEAP on non cisco card

any way to use cicso LEAP on non cisco card

Is it at all possible to use (or make the router think its using) cicso leap on a non cisco card (unsupported or otherwize). I just read the wireless lan policies for the school and they say you must use it. This is a problem for two reasons:

I already have a wireless card that is not cisco, and cisco cards are $100.

I want to use the wlan on my pda and cisco (to my knowlege) does not make a compact flash version of its aironet nics.

Help with this would be greatly appreciated (comon you elite wardrivers )
    \"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand bianary and those who do not\"

There are several client apps out there which will allow you to work with LEAP or several other RADIUS solutions with many different wireless cards. If you are using linux, there is a an open source client out there I believe which will do LEAP in addition to EAP/TLS, EAP/TTLS, and all the other alphabet soup protocols for more secure wireless authentication using RADIUS... For windows though, I only know of two, and you have to pay for them both unfortunately...

There is the odessey client from funk software
    http://www.funk.com/radius/wlan/wlan_c_radius.asp

From Meetinghouse Data Communications there is the Aegis client
    http://www.mtghouse.com/products/aeg...nt/index.shtml

Maybe there are others now, but when I looked several months ago, I couldnt find any free windows apps.

Thanks!

The first one even has a pda version. For 50 bux, it might be worth it.
    \"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand bianary and those who do not\"