Beyond NAT router, firewall, AV

Thread: Beyond NAT router, firewall, AV

Beyond NAT router, firewall, AV

I know about proxies and do not care for them as they SLOW down a computer incredibly. Unless I have not seen the ones that dont affect performance.

I do wonder though is there any other way (I have 2 WINBLOWS XP boxes, and 2 Mandrake 9.0 boxes on a NAT router and Cable access, WinXP is the main box used) to mask, secure, be anonymous with my computer and IP addy beside a NAT Router (which I have), a good firewall (which I have), and an AV which I have. Without affecting Performance!!

I am not so worried about hackers as I am just pure Privacy (anonymous).

Thanks in advanced.
    Mindpilot

You can tell lot about a person by how they handle these 3 things: Rainy Days, Lost Luggage, and Tangled Christmas tree lights

I am not so worried about hackers as I am just pure Privacy (anonymous).
    Apparently not since you use XP Sorry... just a little jab at XP and it's Xcellent Privacy

That is a pretty detailed question, you may want to start with The Anonymity Tutorial, and another guide that may help is the Information Gathering Tutorial

Good Luck!
    Get OpenSolaris http://www.opensolaris.org/

He , do you know Xp have some vul like in Help and Update Automatic , sorry if I don't remember exactly name

Thanks guys! Yeah I know Mafia$oft isnt secure at all...haha...but I have applications I have to use on it..UGH!

Mindpilot

You can tell lot about a person by how they handle these 3 things: Rainy Days, Lost Luggage, and Tangled Christmas tree lights

Yeah I know Mafia$oft isnt secure at all...haha
    I disagree. If you know what you are doing, an MS (NT) Operating system can be made very secure.

just a little jab at XP and it's Xcellent Privacy
    What about XPs privacy? last time I checked every data sent from my XP-box was sent through TCP/IP, the same protocol stack that is commonly used by *nix-systems and wahh, the whole Internet is based on it, gaush... maybe you are referring to some applications and its lack of Privacy, but thats a diffrent matter. As a well-configured Operating system, XP is very good regarding privacy.

He , do you know Xp have some vul like in Help and Update Automatic , sorry if I don't remember exactly name
    He, do you know Sendmail? do you know Apache? These have had their share of vulns and exploits, they are patched continously, and so are windows XP.

Every Operating system and the apps that run on them have portions of badly written code, some more than others, but Its annoying to always hear people rant down on MS.
    MS needs their share of critisism, but so do developers for other Os's.

I really can't understand some peoples hatered towards MS and IMHO these kinds of threads is pretty lame.
    .sig - There never was a .sig?
    I own a Schneider EuroPC with MS-Dos 3.3 and it works.