create a RH9 bootdisk in windows

Thread: create a RH9 bootdisk in windows

create a RH9 bootdisk in windows

can anyone help me find out how to either create a bootable rh9 cd or a bootable disk images?? all my google responses are for a linux box... :P thanx
    mishka
    \"All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can\'t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.\" -- IBM maintenance manual, 1975

I dont know if I understand your question correctly, do you actually want to CREATE a bootable CD? or do you want to dl disc-images of RH9 that is bootable when burned? for the later:

Dl the isos from, for example, sunet: http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distri...9/en/iso/i386/
    .sig - There never was a .sig?
    I own a Schneider EuroPC with MS-Dos 3.3 and it works.

should i download the rpms? or the the other ones...? thanx
    \"All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can\'t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.\" -- IBM maintenance manual, 1975

Not sure if this is going to help,but you might want to check out this thread

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...light=bootable

It talks about a bootable *nix CD.

Cheers:
    DjM

http://www.redhat.com/download/howto_download.html

Follow the destructions from that link, make sure you down load the .iso files.

Once you have the .iso files, you should be able to use Roxio Easy CD Creator, or Nero to burn them to a cd. Do not, just burn the iso file to the disks, if you search in each of those programs, you should find an option which is "Burn Disk Image" or something similar, which will allow you to select that iso file, and then burn the image it contains to the cd.

As for boot floppies, you should be able to find the rh9 boot floppy image on the rh download site as well, maybe even mentioned in the article I linked. Once you have that, you can use a dos app called rawwrite.exe (sp? maybe rawrite.exe, I dont know.) to burn the image onto a floppy.

rawwrite.exe should be available for download from the rh site as well, or just search google for it....

www.linuxiso.org is awesome!

the install disk should be a bootable CD...
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...