Thread: EULA Find/Find next (F3)

EULA Find/Find next (F3)

ok peoples.

just a while ago i loaded the main page, and a quick tip caught my eye.

Even though reading End User License Agreements (EULA) is tedious, you should to it. This is one way to ensure you are not installing spyware on your computer. If the agreement says anything about "using part of your bandwith" or "collecting information" be very suspicious.

by preacherman481
    you know how most programs come with an inbuild find/find next console to search through all the text and find what you want. well, i was wondering if there was something similar, but it searches foriegn documents, like the EULA.

-Cheers
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

Aaa, control-F !?!
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

um, no. control+F is for programs like M$ word etc that have an inbuilt search string option. when you install new software, during the installation it will display the EULA and disclaimer for you to agree to. if you disagree you cannot install the software. now, is there a way i can find certain words without having to read the whole EULA, for example, those expressed in the quote in my first post.

sorry if it wasnt clearer before
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

The EULA must be stored in a file somewhere, if that file is none binary open it in notepad...if it is a binary open it in ultraedit and look for a big chunk of text in the middle of a block of binary crap.

You can always try to copy it and paste it to notepad.

Then you can use the ctrl-f to find what you are looking for.

EDIT:
    I just tried it on three different programs, all by different companies.
    They all let me copy it all. I couldn't get the right click copy/paste to work though...
    Just highlight it and press ctrl-c to copy.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.